PDA

View Full Version : Moving Forward

battlepudge
02-27-10, 01:51 AM
I posted a topic awhile back along the lines of "advice"

(Here is link if you wish to read: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90258&highlight=advice

I would suggest reading this, as to most of this will not make sense if you haven't.

I wanted to follow up on all the advice I was given.

Since then (My posts') I have followed up with probation, (1 week left) done everything I was suppose, including community service (Both ordered + not ordered)
Paid fines, kept my nose clean. (No dirty UA'S even during 1st week/month of probation)

I have read over all sorts of different post's and different websites/forums looking for more and more information.

Some 'advice' I have received are as followed.

Possibly file motion with DA to have case dismissed
Possible expungement
(Things to do to make recruiters job easier)
Gather certificates of disposition for each case I was involved in
Gather court notes from court reporter/clerk
Find incident reports from the PD that arrested me

(essays)

"Why I want to be a Marine"
Essay on, explaining, in detail, each crime.

I am not so much asking for any more advice, as I plan to do these in the near future, but I would like to know, is there anything beyond what I have listed that can help/hinder me in any way?

Really the only thing I haven't been keeping up on, is what's going on with the Marine recruitment these days.

USCFIGHTONUSC stated in my original post: "Recruiting is impossible to fully understand these days. Who they let in a few months ago, they may not allow in today. Who they deny today, they may let in a year from now. No one here knows."

How is it going these days? I can look up myself, but I would like to find out from people that live it every day, including present and Marines who have long since been done with Active Duty.

Any advice/knowledge/whatever is greatly expected. I plan to watch this post (and this forum) every day.

Thanks Marines

-Aaron

josephd
02-27-10, 03:25 AM
I am not sure what your circumstance was or is now and really don't care. But I can say that with all that legal trouble, past drug use, etc. your chances of getting in are very small. I take care of things around the recruiters office now and then every couple weeks and I see them turn away guys that have less issues than what you seem to have.

The Marine Corps right now has the luxury of being very selective on who they will let enlist. This sucks for some potentials but at the same time it is keeping the Corps from having to deal with any unnecessary hassle.

Not sure if this answers your question on what you wanted or not and I am not saying to give up but don't be upset when your recruiters office doesn't give you the time of day.

battlepudge
02-27-10, 03:48 AM
First off, thanks for the quick response!

As for unnecessary hassle, I've been informed to hit the books hard, improve my asvab/testing scores, and go from there. Having a higher knowledge won't only help my chances, but heck...Who doesn't want to be smarter right?

As I figure it won't be happening anytime soon, I suppose I'll wait till I'm 28 to give up. (That is the age limit, correct me if I'm wrong)