PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Elfrink, 7 years old, has been called home....

Big Jim
02-26-10, 11:49 AM
Last Christmas.....I posted a thread where 7 year old Nathan Elfrink was the center of attention in a simple Christmas card wishlist. All he and his family wanted was to get as many Christmas cards as possible before last Christmas.

I learned this morning that he lost his battle with that terminal brain tumor and passed away early this morning. It's a sad thing to watch and endure the sufferings of a child....I can only imagine and pray for this family.

The family is still getting cards from well wishers from this past Christmas and even donations for the little boy. I did hear on a personal level that Nathan was worried for his family and told them not to be sad.....for he would see them again....makes me want to hold my own kids tight and thank the big man upstairs for their good health.....

SGT7477
02-26-10, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear the news Big Jim, Semper Fidelis Brother.

Big Jim
02-26-10, 12:04 PM
Thanks brother....Semper Fi.....

Some Marines on here did ask me if I heard anything about him and to post what i find. I knew this was coming but I guess nothing prepares you for it....I can only imagine what that family has gone through......and that little boy has suffered so much...and at least he's not suffering anymore....God Bless.....

rb1651
02-26-10, 01:50 PM
Rest In Peace Nathan. Thanks for updating, Big Jim. A candle will be lit tonight in his memory.

vipere6
02-26-10, 02:18 PM
My prayers go out to this family. Nathan...You are GODS little angel now. May watch over all of us.

Simper Fi

Rocky C
02-26-10, 04:06 PM
That's so Sad Jim.

I remember your Post and I sent a Christmas card and a letter.
I hope he read it and it made him smile for just a moment.

Prayers outbound!!!

Thanks for the Update Brother.

Semper Sad,
Rocky

polizei
02-26-10, 06:38 PM
Wow that's really sad. I hate hearing stories like this, and they never get easier to hear. If you guys haven't heard of Notes Left Behind, look into it. It's a touching story, but I couldn't ever read the book.

Some things just eat me alive...children are one of those things.