PDA

View Full Version : Shipping out monday but I'm a little overwieight

ksilvia
02-26-10, 12:03 AM
I accidentally posted this in the poole section too but anyway I'm going to meps monday to ship out But i'm overweight. I'm supposed to be at 214 but I weigh 221. Before my recruiters told me I only needed to be at 224 but then at the begining of this month they told me I had to be at 214 mind you I weighed 238 at the beginning of the month. I plan on damn near starving myself and running my ass off these next three days but if I don't make the weight what do you think will happen.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-26-10, 12:29 AM
You may or may not be sent back home. DON'T MAKE YOURSELF SICK OR TOO WEAK TO GO TO RECRUIT TRAINING.

Hopefully you can do a full IST.

Silentwarrior17
02-26-10, 07:52 AM
The reason they said 224 is beacuse that is the most you can be with a wavier from the Commanding Officer. I assume the CO wouldn't grant the wavier on such short notice and just said no. Now without the wavier you have to be 214. I am not going to suggest anything here. PM me, I might be able to help you out.

stein07
02-26-10, 03:11 PM
The reason they said 224 is beacuse that is the most you can be with a wavier from the Commanding Officer. I assume the CO wouldn't grant the wavier on such short notice and just said no. Now without the wavier you have to be 214. I am not going to suggest anything here. PM me, I might be able to help you out.

Ditto.

Lisa 23
02-26-10, 03:29 PM
I just love these types of questions....:evilgrin:
Now this is just my opinion, I wouldn't want to be you if you don't make weight before you ship to MCRD. That means if you don't make weight, you just wasted whatever time you were in the DEP and your recruiters time, and he/she will be pi$$ed off big time, because you weren't responsibile enough to keep that weight off knowing that you were borderline to begin with.....and there are NO EXCUSES!
I'm not saying you'll never get to MCRD, but it'll be at a much later date.
You know what you got to do before you ship...get going and get it done! Don't be spending all of your time here on Leatherneck chatting with eveyone and asking questions. The next time you post, it should be informing everyone here that you made weight and that you're good to go to MCRD!
Good luck to you!:thumbup:

Rocky C
02-26-10, 03:42 PM
Don't Starve yourself, just ease up on the Liqiuds a Little and Hit the Sauna before weigh in and then after that Hydrate yourself.

10 lbs of that is Just water weight.

Good Luck,
Rocky

ksilvia
02-26-10, 05:09 PM
I get what your saying but no I didn't know I was borderline as soon as I found out I was overweight I started running my ass off. Trust I will lose this weight theres no way in hell i'm letting 7 lbs keep me from going to bootcamp

polizei
02-26-10, 06:34 PM
Run, eat light, and run some more. Don't do anything stupid like throw up multiple times just to try and make weight. Believe me, if you do that and get sick, you're going to HATE your life. Probably more than anything.

ksilvia
02-27-10, 10:16 AM
Trust me I won't i'm down to 219 only 6 more pounds to go I got this

Rocky C
02-27-10, 11:19 AM
Trust me I won't i'm down to 219 only 6 more pounds to go I got this

:thumbup:

Quinbo
02-27-10, 11:24 AM
Drink water!
Reduce your daily calorie intake
Exercise

polizei
02-27-10, 01:04 PM
Yea drink water, don't dehydrate yourself...and don't drink fatty beverages with a ton of sugar, calories, fat, etc. like pop (soda), alcohol, etc.

ksilvia
02-27-10, 05:53 PM
I'm down to 218 gotta lose 5 more pounds by monday

Lisa 23
02-27-10, 06:16 PM
I'm down to 218 gotta lose 5 more pounds by monday
Good job there young man. :thumbup:
The next time you post, it will be you telling us Marines that you made weight.
Now get to it and get the job done! http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/MarineDIandrecruit2.jpg

Gunner614
02-27-10, 10:19 PM
I was in the exact same situation you were. I dep'd in at about 225 and had to get down to 215 by the time i shipped. Best thing to do is exactely what you have been doing, eating right and doing a lot of running. Watch, you'll come out of boot a cut 180 like I did.:thumbup:

TJR1070
02-27-10, 10:41 PM
I had the opposite problem, I was underweight and had to gain four pounds before I shipped. My recruiter picked me up the morning I shipped with about five banana's and a half gallon of milk. I almost puked but I made weight and shipped. So don't do that!

Dale0817
02-27-10, 11:02 PM
Enjoying getting slayed. But hey, by the end of phase two you should have easily lost 30 more pounds.. ;)

ksilvia
02-27-10, 11:25 PM
I was in the exact same situation you were. I dep'd in at about 225 and had to get down to 215 by the time i shipped. Best thing to do is exactely what you have been doing, eating right and doing a lot of running. Watch, you'll come out of boot a cut 180 like I did.:thumbup:
hopefully your right I've gotta figure out how to lose these last 5 pounds

TJR1070
02-27-10, 11:41 PM
If you have the opportunity try Rocky's (RhodeIsland) advice tomorrow evening but otherwise rest and eat small meals but don't ship Monday completely worn out and unable to start Recruit Training.

ksilvia
02-27-10, 11:43 PM
If you have the opportunity try Rocky's (RhodeIsland) advice tomorrow evening but otherwise rest and eat small meals but don't ship Monday completely worn out and unable to start Recruit Training.
Whats that

ksilvia
02-28-10, 12:12 AM
yea I plan on hitting the sauna tommorow

ksilvia
02-28-10, 02:00 PM
well off to meps weighed myself this morning and I was at 215 so I know I'll make weight thanks for all the tips from everyone

Rocky C
02-28-10, 02:08 PM
well off to meps weighed myself this morning and I was at 215 so I know I'll make weight thanks for all the tips from everyone

We Knew You Could Do it!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:
Good Luck,
Rocky

TJR1070
02-28-10, 05:24 PM
Good Luck on your journey to become a Marine.

Lisa 23
03-03-10, 12:32 PM
Well, I'm guessing this young man made weight to go to MCRD.

ksilvia
05-30-10, 08:34 PM
thanks everyone for the advice long story short I made it through recruit training i'm now a UNITED STATES MARINE... OORAH!

Lisa 23
05-30-10, 09:39 PM
thanks everyone for the advice long story short I made it through recruit training i'm now a UNITED STATES MARINE... OORAH!

Outstanding! Congrats on EARNING the title United States Marine........and welcome to the Marine Corps family! :usmc:
Enjoy your leave home with family and friends.

Now get in-touch with one of the mods......thedrifter, jinelson, or Sgt Leprechaun....and have your status changed from poolee to Marine!

Semper Fi! :flag:

Zulu 36
05-31-10, 09:43 AM
Welcome to our little Gun Club, Marine! :flag:

TJR1070
06-01-10, 07:05 AM
Congratulations Marine! Welcome to the Brotherhood.