PDA

View Full Version : Shoe inserts - Custom molded?

Mledford
02-25-10, 05:24 PM
Hello Marines,

I've just gotten back from the chiropractor where I was told that my feet over pronate. I have the option of getting custom made shoe inserts that will help my feet correctly pronate over time.

From what I've heard, when you get to bootcamp you'll get custom molded shoe inserts. Is this true? If it isn't, then am I allowed to bring custom inserts from home?

I do plan on getting the custom made shoe inserts to help my feet before I ship. I'm just wondering if I will be able to use them, or any other type of shoe insert while at bootcamp.

Thank you for your replies.

Note: I have used the search function and I did not find the answer I was looking for.

Rocky C
02-25-10, 06:13 PM
Hello Marines,

I've just gotten back from the chiropractor where I was told that my feet over pronate. I have the option of getting custom made shoe inserts that will help my feet correctly pronate over time.

From what I've heard, when you get to bootcamp you'll get custom molded shoe inserts. Is this true? If it isn't, then am I allowed to bring custom inserts from home?

I do plan on getting the custom made shoe inserts to help my feet before I ship. I'm just wondering if I will be able to use them, or any other type of shoe insert while at bootcamp.

Thank you for your replies.

Note: I have used the search function and I did not find the answer I was looking for.

A Chiropractor said that???

Normaly a Podiatrist makes that determination and mine did the X Rays, then read them and then did a 3D imaging scan of my feet standing and then another Shop Custom made them and 2 fittings later they are made to 1 type of footwear only and are not interchangeable to other footwear so 2 differant sets are needed for Shoes and Sneekers at a cost of usually $300. to $400. per pair.

Just sayin......

SlingerDun
02-25-10, 06:55 PM
I have the option of getting custom made shoe inserts that will help my feet correctly pronate over time...Don't delay! These changes take time and require field testing and perhaps tweaking, (building up or shaving down inserts and or boot soles and heels) even experimenting with different styles of shoes and inserts to get it right, which is beyond the scope of a lowly recruit with limited time and resources.

--->Dave

Zulu 36
02-25-10, 07:23 PM
Don't delay! These changes take time and require field testing and perhaps tweaking, (building up or shaving down inserts and or boot soles and heels) even experimenting with different styles of shoes and inserts to get it right, which is beyond the scope of a lowly recruit with limited time and resources.

--->Dave

Hey Slinger, couldn't you do something for the kid in iron? :D

Mledford
02-25-10, 09:53 PM
A Chiropractor said that???

Normaly a Podiatrist makes that determination and mine did the X Rays, then read them and then did a 3D imaging scan of my feet standing and then another Shop Custom made them and 2 fittings later they are made to 1 type of footwear only and are not interchangeable to other footwear so 2 differant sets are needed for Shoes and Sneekers at a cost of usually $300. to $400. per pair.

Just sayin...... The Chiropractor has the same "X Ray" machine that you're talking about. Back pain is usually traced to the feet so that's why he had it. I told him my symptoms and he decided to do a foot scan. That's where all this came from.

I've had some problems with my back since I first started weight training last semester and they're thinking it's linked to my feet. Hopefully getting these foot inserts will help my whole body!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-26-10, 12:10 AM
Hmmmmm...this sounds like something that will, at minimum, require a waiver, and at maximum, be a disqualifier.

I'd suggest talking to a recruiter ASAP.

Hanzo
02-26-10, 02:02 PM
To your original question, no, you will not receive custom inserts in bootcamp. I was having some falling arches that were causing pain and they gave me inserts, but they were by no means custom and I gave up using them after about 2 days because there was no time to move them from different boots or to try to keep them straight once they were in.

Just assume you will not have any insoles.

SlingerDun
02-26-10, 03:50 PM
Maybe:confused: but for materials and creativity i'll need to charge a bit more than a chiropractor. I was hashing over the idea of a self leveling urethane pour-in composite, for firm custom support...

Rocky C
02-26-10, 03:55 PM
:D