PDA

View Full Version : Killer Whale Goes Postal, Kills Trainer During SeaWorld Show

jetdawgg
02-24-10, 03:21 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. — An employee at SeaWorld Orlando has died after being attacked by a killer whale. Orange County Fire Rescue spokesman John Mulhall says paramedics were called Wednesday afternoon to the Shamu Stadium at the theme park resort where they found a worker who could not be revived.

Park guest Victoria Biniak told WKMG-TV that the trainer had just finished explaining to the audience the show they were about to see.

Biniak told the station the whale suddenly came up from the water, grabbed the trainer around the waist and "thrashed her all around" to the point the trainer's shoe fell off.

The guests were evacuated and the park was closed.

There have been several previous attacks on whale trainers at SeaWorld parks.

In Nov. 2006, trainer Kenneth Peters, 39, was bitten and held underwater several times by a 7,000-pound killer whale during a show at SeaWorld's San Diego park. He escaped with a broken foot. The 17-foot-long orca who attacked him was the dominant female of SeaWorld San Diego's seven killer whales. She had attacked Peters two other times, in 1993 and 1999.

In 2004, another whale at the company's San Antonio park tried to hit one of the trainers and attempted to bite him. he also escaped.

In December, a whale drowned a trainer at a Spanish zoo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/24/seaworld-trainer-dead-kil_n_475408.html

Gunner 0313
02-24-10, 03:32 PM
:flag:Do we have video yet ?

tdrt
02-24-10, 04:29 PM
It just amazes me when people are surprised when they get attacked by wild animals. Ya, I get it that they're in captivity and are trained to do tricks, blah, blah, blah, but they are still wild by nature. Maybe she looked like a penguin. :)

Gunner 0313
02-24-10, 04:34 PM
:flag:I'm guessing there was a strong odor of fish.

tdrt
02-24-10, 04:38 PM

oh that's bad -- but still LMAO

polizei
02-24-10, 04:39 PM
AHAHAHAAH Gunner I laughed. That was great. RIP though trainer. :(

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
02-24-10, 08:35 PM
Well DUH!!! Did anyone ever notice that KILLER is the first part of this mammals name, as in KILLER WHALE.

TinDragon
02-25-10, 07:44 AM
Biniak told the station the whale suddenly came up from the water, grabbed the trainer around the waist and "thrashed her all around" to the point the trainer's shoe fell off.

...so her shoe was acting as some sort of life support?
Wouldn't you normally expect them to say something like "her neck snapped" not "her shoe fell off"?

Supersquishy
02-25-10, 07:54 AM
Whats with Animal attacks and shoes? Remember Binky the Polar Bear that attacked the photographer?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oFAO3-DxzDw/R4PJc0OkyVI/AAAAAAAAAB0/BkiEFtBAX9c/s400/Binky.gif

WKranz
02-25-10, 08:35 AM
It's to bad she died, but sounds like she didn't do an adequate job of training it. You can take a thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of a thug

Silentwarrior17
02-25-10, 08:38 AM
Maybe the Polar Bears feet just hurt from walking around all day and he need something with a cushy insole to correct the arch in his foot...LOL

montana
02-25-10, 09:35 AM
i wonder what killer whale tastes like<-----<<< justes

commdog7
02-25-10, 09:40 AM
It's just like the trainers who get eaten by lions or bears. They are wild animals. It is in their nature to kill, not entertain and do tricks for people.

You might be able to train them, but you can't always tame them.

Sally
02-25-10, 01:15 PM
Apparently, they confiscated all the footage that was taken that day. None on youtube that I found. They wanted us to know "she drowned".

FistFu68
02-25-10, 01:59 PM
:evilgrin: Supposedly from what I heard this particular Whale has Killed or hurt very badly trainers before being sent too San Deigo? :confused:

Rocky C
02-25-10, 02:51 PM
It's just like the trainers who get eaten by lions or bears. They are wild animals. It is in their nature to kill, not entertain and do tricks for people.

You might be able to train them, but you can't always tame them.

True Words!!!!!!:thumbup:
Sounds Like Us Marines!!!:flag:.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

Big Jim
02-25-10, 02:56 PM

LOL.....now thats funny right there I don;t care who you are....strong odor of fish and blood in the water.....what do they call that....CHUM....? Maybe the woman was on her period and the whale didn't like the smell or the taste....LOL...

CplMotivate
02-25-10, 03:01 PM
i think i'd much rather be attacked by a killer whale and more than likely die from the attack than to have my face ripped off by a chimpanzee and survive..im just sayin!

Big Jim
02-25-10, 03:07 PM
There's nothing you can do against a frikkin killer whale....but I think I could tear that frikkin chimp a new azzhole....!! LOL....just saying.....

Supersquishy
02-25-10, 03:28 PM
i think i'd much rather be attacked by a killer whale and more than likely die from the attack than to have my face ripped off by a chimpanzee and survive..im just sayin!

Ohh man, no kidding. If that happened to me first thing Id do is get my shotgun to make sure I saw god.

BR34
02-25-10, 03:45 PM
:evilgrin: Supposedly from what I heard this particular Whale has Killed or hurt very badly trainers before being sent too San Deigo? :confused:

This is the 3rd person the serial killer whale snuffed out of existence.

Rocky C
02-25-10, 04:00 PM

That's so odd that you just said that.
I think about the Flying Monkies from the Wizard of Oz ripping me to shreads. hundreds of them.

Freaks me out.

Random thoughts.

Just sayin...........

FistFu68
02-25-10, 04:08 PM
:evilgrin: After all a Killer Whale is just a lower form of MARINE life :beer: :iwo:

Gunner 0313
02-25-10, 09:10 PM
http://a1.vox.com/6a00c2252b03c78e1d0109d077ac29000e-500pi

:flag:You mean these things Rock ?

Troutzilla
02-25-10, 09:53 PM
i wonder what killer whale tastes like<-----<<< justes

Let's ask the Polar Bear......

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9527/somethingfor2.jpg

dhenderson88
02-25-10, 11:30 PM
I use to work at the Orlando Sea World doing lighting for the night time shamu show, so I knew the trainer, and the whale. Sucks that it had to happen.

montana
02-26-10, 08:38 AM
hate talkin to polar bears...their breth smells of old dead fish and seal blubber

Troutzilla
02-26-10, 09:55 AM
hate talkin to polar bears...their breth smells of old dead fish and seal blubber

not to mention Eskimo p*$$Y that's mighty cold !!!

Big Jim
02-26-10, 11:10 AM
That's so odd that you just said that.
I think about the Flying Monkies from the Wizard of Oz ripping me to shreads. hundreds of them.

Freaks me out.

Random thoughts.

Just sayin...........

HAHAHAHA......damn dude....I can truly say that I have never thought that....LOL....maybe you need to talk to someone or read a book....?

rheinmark187
03-08-10, 10:50 PM
These animals should be studied in the wild, not kept in a theme park. It's a KILLER whale, we should expect this to happen like when bears, chimps and tigers trained for performance attack.