PDA

View Full Version : i really need some help!

williamstamato
02-24-10, 03:09 PM
Okay well i am currently a junior in high school and im 17 years old. My buddy just signed his contract with the marines and leaves Oct 11th. For about two years i was interested in enrolling in the Army ROTC program after high school. Lately though i have been researching the marine core and am starting to become more and more interested about enlistment. Now my parents know about my interest in ROTC and began supporting it fully and were happy to see i wasnt going to go enlisted. Mind you i am an excellent student, great grades, varsity two sport athlete, etc.

Now im not saying im throwing my ideas in enrolling in army rotc completely out the window but im beginning to second guess if being an officer is for me. Now i figure if i chose to enlist in ANY service it will for sure be the USMC, the best of the best! I want to tell my parents on my interest in the joining the core but i dont know how to break it to them. I know they will be somewhat upset at first and i want any marine out there to give me some advice on my situation and help me out. Were any marines out there in my same situation??

THANKS!

Lisa 23
02-24-10, 03:36 PM
Okay well i am currently a junior in high school and im 17 years old. My buddy just signed his contract with the marines and leaves Oct 11th. For about two years i was interested in enrolling in the Army ROTC program after high school. Lately though i have been researching the marine core and am starting to become more and more interested about enlistment. Now my parents know about my interest in ROTC and began supporting it fully and were happy to see i wasnt going to go enlisted. Mind you i am an excellent student, great grades, varsity two sport athlete, etc.

Now im not saying im throwing my ideas in enrolling in army rotc completely out the window but im beginning to second guess if being an officer is for me. Now i figure if i chose to enlist in ANY service it will for sure be the USMC, the best of the best! I want to tell my parents on my interest in the joining the core but i dont know how to break it to them. I know they will be somewhat upset at first and i want any marine out there to give me some advice on my situation and help me out. Were any marines out there in my same situation??

THANKS!

Well, if you want to join the Marine Corps, learn how to spell it correctly! :evilgrin: It's even at the top of the forum if you need any help.
And when using the word Marine or Corps, it will always be capitalized.

Fill out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to......and you also may want to read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums, also.

tdrt
02-24-10, 04:43 PM
My eye is twitching...

polizei
02-24-10, 04:46 PM
Both of mine are SSgt. I think I lost vision for a second too.

This has been discussed before, search around the site. Best way, just tell them.

williamstamato
02-24-10, 08:11 PM
My apologies to both of you. I in no way, shape, or form meant to offend you or any other Marines. I kinda just sped through typing that and as a result made myself look foolish! Trust me I will watch my spelling much more carefully now. I did in fact find many other forums with this topic and will definitely fill out my profile more completely. I am a noob to this website so give me a few days to learn the ropes.

Thanks

Much respect to you 3, and all other Marines!

bcowperthwaite
02-24-10, 08:31 PM
One of the most cherished lessons the Corps can teach you is moral courage, and if you want to join the few and the proud, you're going to have to exercise some with your parents. Outline what you want to do and why. If you present well-thought out reasons, they may still be wary, but they should respect your decision.

tdrt
02-25-10, 01:27 PM
My apologies to both of you. I in no way, shape, or form meant to offend you or any other Marines. I kinda just sped through typing that and as a result made myself look foolish! Trust me I will watch my spelling much more carefully now. I did in fact find many other forums with this topic and will definitely fill out my profile more completely. I am a noob to this website so give me a few days to learn the ropes.

Thanks

Much respect to you 3, and all other Marines!

Thank you for your eloquent reply and apology. Carry on.

Wheels123
02-25-10, 01:36 PM
Wow, it is shocking to not see someone try to come back at you in full force WMarine. Haha.

Good Luck Kid. ::thumbsup::

Sgt Leprechaun
02-26-10, 12:05 AM
Look around, use the search feature, but by all means, ASK if you cannot find something. If you cannot find what you seek the first time, try changing up your terms.

Classy response and good on ya.