PDA

View Full Version : Running Shoes

paulw5555
02-24-10, 01:21 AM
I was just curious if I bought a good pair of running shoes before I went to boot camp and wore them to boot camp, would i be able to keep them as my pair of running shoes in recruit training? Or would they have to get locked away with my civilian clothes? Also if anyone recently graduated boot camp what kind running shoes do they issue?

Supersquishy
02-24-10, 05:06 AM
I was just curious if I bought a good pair of running shoes before I went to boot camp and wore them to boot camp, would i be able to keep them as my pair of running shoes in recruit training? Or would they have to get locked away with my civilian clothes? Also if anyone recently graduated boot camp what kind running shoes do they issue?

All of your civilian stuff gets put into a box at recieving, including your running shoes. They will issue a new set. Remember, its all about conformity, everyone is the same. You will get your stuff back a few days before graduation. After bootcamp your issued running shoes will be worn out anyways, so its a good thing not ruining your good pair, I know those suckers are expensive for a good set. Hope that helps.

hussaf
02-24-10, 03:57 PM
You all will get a pair of New Balances. They aren't too bad. If you are a no-**** runner, you likely will do less running in boot camp than you did at home (in running shoes, I mean...you will run a bunch in boots).

thezero
02-24-10, 07:32 PM
The DI's love looking at your shoes. They like to see what kind of stuff you wear and will let you keep them ESPECIALLY if they are brand new just show them the receipt.

But I love'd my boot camp go-nasters...still have them in my parachute bag.

paulw5555
02-25-10, 12:20 AM
The DI's love looking at your shoes. They like to see what kind of stuff you wear and will let you keep them ESPECIALLY if they are brand new just show them the receipt.

But I love'd my boot camp go-nasters...still have them in my parachute bag.

I cant tell if your being serious or sarcastic..?

KilpatrickF250
02-28-10, 03:57 PM
You all will get a pair of New Balances. They aren't too bad. If you are a no-**** runner, you likely will do less running in boot camp than you did at home (in running shoes, I mean...you will run a bunch in boots).

We ran 7 times during boot camp, but keep in mind that it was one of the coldest winters in the past 50 years. Seeing as running is one of my weaknesses, I was pretty mad that I couldn't tackle that weakness during Recruit Training. BTW, when you're issued your go-fasters, write your laundry number on the tags on the tongue. You get dressed in boots and ute's sometimes after p.t. so you can do MCMAP and its easy to lose a go-faster. That way if someone steals your shoe because they lost theirs, you can prove it with your laundry number.

IST
1 1/2 mile
2 mile
2 mile
3 mile
Initial PFT
Final PFT

stein07
02-28-10, 04:09 PM
We ran 7 times during boot camp...

IST
1 1/2 mile
2 mile
2 mile
3 mile
Initial PFT
Final PFT

That is absolutely insane. Why would cold keep you from running? You didn't even do the moto run?

KilpatrickF250
02-28-10, 09:19 PM
That is absolutely insane. Why would cold keep you from running? You didn't even do the moto run?

Oh, yes we did the moto run! haha and that was ALMOST cancelled, due to the temperature. Most of the p.t. we did was combat fitness followed up by MCMAP.

KilpatrickF250
02-28-10, 09:24 PM
That way if someone steals your shoe because they lost theirs, you can prove it with your laundry number.

After re-reading this, it bothers me to have to post something like this. Marines don't steal, but a first phase shiitehead recruit will. That's all I'm implying.