PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Corporals Course

Whitey
02-23-10, 04:38 PM
What can I expect from this new Corporals Course they have nowadays?

BR34
02-23-10, 04:44 PM
More combat training, less drill.

Wheels123
02-23-10, 04:48 PM
Death. I'm kidding. It should be fun and expand your knowledge. When I went it was basically everything that is covered in then 8010 series MCI's. I get to go enjoy Sgt's Course in April. Yay!

Whitey
02-23-10, 04:52 PM
im looking for more of an in depth of what to expect and preparations i should make.

Wheels123
02-23-10, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure what they are doing now. I had heard of the changes being made to the course but did not get any in depth info. Sorry I can't be of more assistance, but my best advice is to make sure your uniforms are always squared away and ready. They have modified the course here a few times since I went.

Good Luck though. ::thumbsup::

Dgen411
02-27-10, 12:58 AM
I went the second cycle after they went to the new course and they were tweeking it out still. Lots of PT. They still teach the basics of drill but it's no longer graded. No wall locker inspection either. They tested us out on sword manual and Guidon manual and we had a formal Cammie and Service Charlie inspection.

The third week mostly consisted of basic MCT stuff, Weapons, Land Nav, ect..

gwamo1
03-01-10, 09:12 AM
I graduated in October. We had one Charlie inspection. It was'nt graded, it was just to make sure we looked good on graduation. We did not PT as much as I thought we would at all.. We did one run, a LZ drill, played ultimate frisbee and did both the O course and the.... Some other course. Was told it was the only one in the Marine Corps, here at Quantico. The point of the PT was to show us that their are other things out to do besides running with your Marines every single time. We had to write a paper and give a small presentation. We had a lot of classes covering military history, how to correctly counsel a Marine and a lot of other stuff. Pretty cool stuff. Also, as someone else said their really is no drill anymore, just sword and guidon manual. EXTREAMLY easy to pass. All in all, I was really not looking foward going to Cpls course, but after graduation I highly recommend it to anyone. It was a lot of fun overall a good learning experience.