PDA

View Full Version : Time From Recruiter To Bootcamp?

ThirdGen
02-23-10, 04:35 PM
The search function isn't currently working on this pc, so please excuse the repeat if this has been posted before.

I am one term away from finishing my degree and curious about the timeline of enlistment. Let's say you go talk to a recruiter and ask to start the process to enlist in the Marine Corps. After the testing and papework that is required, what is a general time to expect between initially starting the process and getting the word that you can attend bootcamp?

Thanks for any information.

*I've read many of the pros/cons of going to OCS route after getting my degree but right now I believe if I were to join the military then I would prefer to enlist.

Lisa 23
02-23-10, 05:05 PM
Expect to wait quite a while. It's not like you sign papers and then you're off to boot camp.

Take a look at this site. It'll give you a general idea of what to expect and how the process goes.
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/recruiter.htm

And how about filling out your profile a bit more so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.

polizei
02-23-10, 05:24 PM
Mine was 3 months. I signed all my paperwork and went to MEPS, etc. in mid November, arrived at PI on Feb. 9th.

crazymjb
02-23-10, 05:57 PM
I waited a while but I enlisted still in HS. I saw guys do it in the 2 week range too. I have a friend who may want to leave this July and the recruiter said he thinks he can make it happen if he enlists early June, granted he is going for the reserves and the way slots work varies.

Mike

semperfiman
02-23-10, 09:12 PM
14 days recruiters office to PI 1970

ThirdGen
02-23-10, 09:42 PM
Thank you for the responses. WMarine, thank you very much for the website, I've begun reading it and it seems to be a great resource. I'll work on filling my profile out a bit more as well.