PDA

View Full Version : SC Letter Reevaluation

egbutler1
02-22-10, 09:30 PM
Ok so I got this letter from the VA today about my SC for PTSD saying I got to come in for a reevaluation. I'm 50% for PTSD, so I just wanted to see if anyone else been threw this and can give me a heads up as to what to expect. Semper Fi Marines!

egbutler1
02-23-10, 03:36 PM
nobody huh?

Rocky C
02-23-10, 03:50 PM
Can't help Brother.
One C&P exam got 100% SC PTSD.
Never got another letter for re-eval ?

Semper Fi,
Rocky

JohnEaceHunt
02-23-10, 09:39 PM
Well, I had 3 evaluations. '89,'91, and'93 RhodeIsland. Not sure how long its been since you were evaluated, but they were every two years for me. After the 3rd one, no more. Hope they have changed it for you, and there is no more. egbutler1, I wouldn't tell them everything when you go. There is always something new you can bring up each time you have one. You tell them all up front, they may decide to cut you. It blows their mind. It has to be documentable, but save as much as you can until they tell you you have no more evaluations. I had 423 Combat Missions in way less than 6 months, and well over 40-45 very foul s*it sandwiches, so I had something new each time. One of my Gunners was in Admin, and when I was med-evaced, he sent me my entire SRB, saying,'Ace, if your still alive make a copy of this all, as you will certainly need it, then send it on to Headquarters Marine Corps. I would take my Flight record every time, and they could not give me any stinky stuff. Good luck, and I hope they will help you. Semper Fi, and Ready-APP.

egbutler1
02-23-10, 10:23 PM
Well lets see if they cut me off i'll be pretty ****ed cause there is no way that I am good. If anything I have got worse but I don't go to the VA very often cause they just make me bring s hit up and that just makes it all start all over again and try and load me up with meds that I don't want to take so I just gave up, I also went to a PTSD group 2 times but dropped out cause yet again they just kept digging, so I'm a bit nervous if anything after this they should up my ass but I don't think they up you at these things just take away. Yeah my first eval was in 2007 got 50% for ptsd, I aint held a job since pretty much failed out of college 2 times used like half my gi bill benefits with nothing to show for it. I guess I'll just go in there and tell em' whats up but even that **** is hard cause I don't talk about it normally so now all the sudden in a week I have to talk about it what the hell ever. I know it has to be done, but just seeing how this country is vomiting money I fear they are trying to save a buck and ditch people so they don't have to pay. Well I'll update on the 6th of next month prolly w/ my **** taken away and on the streets.

JohnEaceHunt
02-23-10, 11:33 PM
egbutler1, Hate things are rough there. please don't go in feeling that way. Just tell them what is going on and the problems your having. I had to play their game too. Hope they will put you on a one-on-one. The groups work for some, not all, and the meds work, but not for all. Each one of us did not go through the same thing, and they know that. They can give you the meds, but you don't have to take them until just before you go back so its in your blood. Think Positive for sure. I had the PVA helping me. There are a lot of good people, but then there are some that are not. Take the school records, job, or Pink slips, and just what ever you have that shows what is happening to you. It is not ALL lost. I had to stay 14 days in OKC. Then I said on a Fri, that I was going home the next Monday. They did all the tests and everything that Sat., and Sun., and I did go home that Monday. Had to go back more times than I'd like to remember. Had the same problems just like you. Do Not give up, and let them know that. The last Dr. I had the C&P with, I asked him right out,'Am I ever going to get over this? He told me 'NO, that I'd have to learn to live with it, with help, and make the best of it. He had a masive Heart attack 2 weeks later, and I've had 100% since '91. You can do it for sure. Semper Fi, and Ready-APP.

oldtop
02-25-10, 08:55 AM
VA will occasionally call someone in for a reevaluation of a disability if it appears that the disability may be improving. If you are currently in therapy, be sure to continue it, and be sure to let your therapist know that you continue to have problems, and that they are not getting better, despite your compliance with recommended treatment regimens. This is your fallback... if the C&P doc's findings result in your rating being lowered, immediate see your VA rep (you DO have a rep from AL, VFW, DAV or other service organization helping you..don't you?) and file an appeal immediately. Your treating physicians opinion will out weigh the C&P doc's opinion at the BVA, simply because he/she is yout treating physician, and has a better grasp of your situation that someone who sees you one time for 15 to 30 minutes. In any case, DO NOT MISS OR IGNORE THIS APPOINTMENT, it will result in immediate cessation of compensation payments. Good Luck.. Semper Fi