PDA

View Full Version : MCT Questions

lcplmike23
02-22-10, 08:54 PM
Just got out of bootcamp and about to go to MCT. While i was at bootcamp i kinda jurt my knee and its still giving me a few problems. i was just wondering about mct and how hard it is. Do many people get dropped like in boot camp and if so where do you go untill you are ready to train again?

Matlock09
02-22-10, 09:28 PM
MCT isn't that hard at all. Hopefully the hikes wont be that hard on your knee but thats up to you to decide whether or not u need to get medical attention prior.

You can get dropped for medical problems such as ur knee and you will be but in SAC company(student administration company). There ur mixed up with people who are either broke, awaiting training, or **** bags in legal trouble/ getting separated out of the Marine Corps.

MCT isnt that bad so if you can avoid SAC company I suggest you do, I was there for 1 day waiting to pick up with my company and the kind of Marines hanging out in there was disgusting. Best of luck

Supersquishy
02-23-10, 04:41 AM
You might be holding a few weeks unless there not backed up. I had to wait two weeks and do mess duty....SUCKED!!!! That might give you time to heal-up. MCT wasn't that bad, just boot camp part 2 with rank, have fun!

Hanzo
02-23-10, 07:33 AM
MCT isn't that hard at all. Hopefully the hikes wont be that hard on your knee but thats up to you to decide whether or not u need to get medical attention prior.

You can get dropped for medical problems such as ur knee and you will be but in SAC company(student administration company). There ur mixed up with people who are either broke, awaiting training, or **** bags in legal trouble/ getting separated out of the Marine Corps.

MCT isnt that bad so if you can avoid SAC company I suggest you do, I was there for 1 day waiting to pick up with my company and the kind of Marines hanging out in there was disgusting. Best of luck

Easy now. I was stuck in that ****hole for 5 months, and while I won't argue that you do NOT want to be there, for those of us who were broken, it wasn't an option and I wouldn't consider us all to be disgusting.

lcplmike23
02-25-10, 04:40 PM
Why were you stuck there for five months?

polizei
02-25-10, 04:44 PM
He said he was he was broke.

Supersquishy
02-25-10, 06:22 PM
They just say all them broke dicks are ****bags so all them pussies don't try and scam out of the humps.

Hanzo
02-26-10, 10:38 AM
They just say all them broke dicks are ****bags so all them pussies don't try and scam out of the humps.

True, and there are a few malingerers there, but its rare.

My experience was that to try to avoid this, they purposely made MRP as miserable as possible for us while we were there. The idea was that you hated it so much, you'd do anything to get back to training. The problem is, I saw a lot of guys go back too early and just end up coming back to rehab 2 weeks later because they broke their **** again.

Word around the campfire is that NCOIC was getting a lot of pressure to reduce the number of broke****s. First they made it miserable, then they started using the Italian Post Office method.

(For those who aren't aware, the Italian Post Office tends to get very busy and a usually falls behind on its work load. So every now and then when they have letters piled up too high and they cant catch up on their work, they just throw all the letters away and start over)

I was there for 5 months trying to heal up after tearing up my ankle on a hump. Doc figured that the healing was going to slow and signed me up for an MRI to see if surgery was going to be necessary. Between trying to thin the numbers, and as the SSgt said "MRIs are expensive", the appointment was cancelled and my Ad Sep was signed that day, along with 5 other Marines who came back from their appointments. Bad timing on our parts.

The moral of the story is, if you HAVE to go, go, but heal up as fast as you possibly can and avoid spending a single second longer than you absolutely have to. If there is even the slightest possiblity you can get through MCT as is, do your very best to do so. Spending the rest of your life knowing you earned the title but didn't have the opportunity to truely serve isn't a fun feeling.

polizei
02-26-10, 11:22 AM
Well that's garbage. The admin sep'd you? Come on. I can recall having some bad pains throughout MCT from bootcamp injuries. I wasn't dare going to say anything though, I only saw the Corpsman one time while I was there, and that was to get advil for a horrible headache I that.

Be VERY careful with this though if you don't know your body's limits. I would NOT suggest hiding severe pain for fear of going to MRP. It could cost you your career.

Hanzo
02-26-10, 11:33 AM
Agreed.

Its not worth crippling yourself or hurting your career IF you can get in and get out. I'm just saying to be careful because I never expected to get tossed for my injuries.

In my case, I hid from the Corpsman during bootcamp to be able to graduate, but they saw my brokeass limping in receiving and grabbed me. I figured it'd be a good thing, get fixed up and back to ITB. Turns out the injury was worse than I thought. I also feel that there is a disconnect in the process between the docs who understand what it takes to heal you and the staff of MRP who make the decisions about what happens. As an example, I was getting to the point where I didn't have full mobility (it was an ankle injury) but I could walk. The problem was that during the time I was in rehab, my muscles had atrophed so badly around my ankle that had I gone straight back to the field, I wouldn't have made it a week. The docs were fixing me up with mobility, but I needed strength as well. I requested to go to supply and pick up a day pack to fill with a sandbag to wear around during the day to try to get some strength built back up. NCOIC rejected it saying I might hurt myself on his watch. So, what? Its too dangerous to wear a 20lbs pack in the barracks but I'm expected to go back to the field and hump a 90lbs pack through the hills? It was very political.

TheWraith
08-08-13, 10:54 AM
Matlock09 - I'm sure you were the kind of boot we gave a hard time, just because you were a boot. You might consider that in your evaluation.

Hanzo - Puhleeze, 5 whole months? I was in SAC for 1 year, 5 months, 7 days... :) I started in the Holding Platoon and about a year there CO called me into his office and offered me an opportunity to return to MCT, while still on light duty, off the record, and graduate - which I did, and at such time I was reassigned to the GradHold Platoon, where I served my remainder of my 5+ months in that status. I don't know why he risked it being known he returned a Marine to training while still on light duty. If the Navy had found out...it would not have been good for him. I suspect he was pressured to reduce the number of Marines with significant tenure in the Holding Platoon and I had been there so long I had actually pinned on LCPL and had the time in grade/time in rank, with the necessary cutting score, to pin on CPL as soon as I left student status.

I was assigned to SAC having received multiple injuries from two HEDP rounds of a MK19 exploding within close proximity to my location - less than 14 feet. A misfire occurred and two rounds struck each other in the barrel. Many Marines injured, none killed. After 4 surgeries to my hand, arms, and hip, plenty of rehabilitative therapy, frequent trips to NHCP and Balboa, I returned to fleet and resumed training at my MOS school after what seemed like "forever" in SAC.

At the time, SAC Holding hovered around 80 Marines at any given point in time and I was in the top 3 as far as rank. I served as the platoon leader for GradHold and I can tell you that SAC is what you make of it. It doesn't turn Marines INTO ****bags - you're not going to get out of it what you put into it. It's not like being delivered to a prison and you're surrounded by dirt bags, almost everyone is in the same position as you are - they don't want to be there, they're stuck for a period of time, and it sucks.

I've made friends there that I continue to cherish to this day. If you're injured, SAC is an excellent opportunity to get healed, gain your bearing and focus, and return to the fleet stronger than you were before.

Hanzo
08-08-13, 11:26 AM
Damn, brother! Over a year in SAC?? You're a strong man. Part of me is envious of what your CO did for you, on the other hand, in the 10 years since I was discharged (damn near to the day now that...

doc h fmf
08-08-13, 10:13 PM
AS a corpsman I would of had his ass. Because if anything serious happened to you you wouldn't have qualified for benifit because of him you took a big chance buddy. I would have had your hide too. Stephen doc Hansen HM3 FMF