PDA

View Full Version : Undercover Boss

polizei
02-22-10, 04:56 PM
Hey devils, anyone else watch Undercover Boss? It's on Sunday's after the Amazing Race. Great show! I've noticed both episodes thus far, they've had a Marine on there.

Now, it could just be me...but I knew the first episode the man was a Marine, but the second didn't seem like a Marine to me. Claims he was a Sgt. and served 5 years. Anyone else catch this? What's your take?

Semper Fi :flag:

Lisa 23
02-22-10, 05:12 PM
Love this show! Actually, there are 3 episodes so far.....
1) Waste Management - 2) Hooters - and last nights 7-Eleven.

Rocky C
02-22-10, 05:15 PM
Ha!!! I was thinking the Same Thing!!!

Saw the Second One and the Hooters Guy was Def. A Marine !!!
Last Night, I don't think so.......

Semper Fi,
Rocky

polizei
02-22-10, 05:21 PM
So I'm not crazy! Ha...hrmmm....

Rocky C
02-22-10, 05:24 PM
So I'm not crazy! Ha...hrmmm....

:D:banana::thumbup:

Lisa 23
02-22-10, 05:35 PM
If I remember correctly, the owner of 7-Eleven said he was in the Army for 5 years at the rank of Sgt.

Rocky C
02-22-10, 05:55 PM
If I remember correctly, the owner of 7-Eleven said he was in the Army for 5 years at the rank of Sgt.

Is that what he said Lisa???

Lisa 23
02-22-10, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure Rocky, and they even showed a pic of him while he was in the Army.

spotts
02-22-10, 05:58 PM
The CEO of 7-11 said he was an Army Sergeant. When he was asked what MOS he said Artillary

Rocky C
02-22-10, 06:02 PM
You are Correct!!!

Undercover Boss had another great and touching episode this week. President and CEO of 7-Eleven, Joe DePinto goes undercover this week. Joe is from Chicago, he started his career delivering newspapers. He was a graduate of WestPoint and was in the army. 7-Eleven is on a mission to make their company better. All of the board members looked upset and very surprised, worried even, when he tells them that he is going undercover. However, he goes ahead with it and his alias is Danny.

tdrt
02-22-10, 06:02 PM
Good show. Watched the Hooter's one -- definately a Marine. Hopefully my boss doesn't get a wild hair up his arse to do this or I'll be screwed.

Back to work....

Lisa 23
02-22-10, 06:05 PM
You are Correct!!!

Undercover Boss had another great and touching episode this week. President and CEO of 7-Eleven, Joe DePinto goes undercover this week. Joe is from Chicago, he started his career delivering newspapers. He was a graduate of WestPoint and was in the army. 7-Eleven is on a mission to make their company better. All of the board members looked upset and very surprised, worried even, when he tells them that he is going undercover. However, he goes ahead with it and his alias is Danny.

Good find Rocky! :thumbup:

Rocky C
02-22-10, 06:09 PM
Good find Rocky! :thumbup:

:D I thought he said Marine too.
See what happens when I watch TV and Type at the same time. :banana:

Old Marine
02-22-10, 07:41 PM
The black guy that was working in the bakery told the CEO that he was in the Marine Corps and was a Sgt. This guy sounded dummer than a rock and I doubt that he was ever in the Corps.

polizei
02-22-10, 08:09 PM
Yes, the black guy is the one I'm talking about. I knew the CEO was a Sgt. in the army. He didn't seem like a Marine at all to me...I smell poser.

Lisa 23
02-22-10, 08:18 PM
I'm not taking any sides here.......but I wouldn't say that Phil, the guy working in the bakery, was dumber than a rock. Hey, everyone has to work somewhere, and just because he wasn't squared away like he was when he was in the Marines, doesn't make him any less of a person or any less of a Marine, either.

Komenko
02-22-10, 08:34 PM
Yes, the black guy is the one I'm talking about. I knew the CEO was a Sgt. in the army. He didn't seem like a Marine at all to me...I smell poser.

your kidding me right. i saw it last night also and i'm pretty sure if you graduate from West Point you'll end up as a Commissioned Officer! and before anyone starts to assume the black dude isn't a Marine, think about how long he may have been out and not everyone is gung ho after they leave the service! you can't say he is or isn't unless you have proof! IMHO

polizei
02-22-10, 09:11 PM
Well that's very true Sgt. I thought the CEO said he was a Sgt, but I could be mixing the Marine who was a Sgt. up with the CEO. And yes, the Marine did look older, so he could have well served 5 years like he said a while ago.

I'll hold off my judgement then, as I don't obviously have proof. He just didn't come off as a Marine IMO, but then again, that was only with limited view and with a camera in his face. It's not really fair to pass judgement that way.

Semper Fi

Komenko
02-22-10, 10:14 PM
<TABLE class=containermaster border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD id=dnn_ctr400_ContentPane class="containerrow2 DNNAlignleft" align=middle>

Joe DePinto is the President and CEO of 7-Eleven, Inc. and leads the premier name in convenience retailing. 7-Eleven, Inc. is the world’s largest convenience retail chain. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company operates, franchises and licenses more than 6,970 stores in the U.S. and Canada. Of the more than 5,900 stores the company operates and franchises in the United States, some 4,550 are franchised. Internationally, 7-Eleven licensees and affiliates operate more than 29,300 7-Eleven and other convenience stores in countries including Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

Before being appointed Chief Executive of 7-Eleven in 2005, DePinto was President of GameStop Corporation. He has also held executive positions at PepsiCo, Inc., and was the Chief Operating Officer of Thornton Oil Corporation.

DePinto is a Board Director of 7-Eleven, Inc., OfficeMax (NYSE: OMX), Jo-Ann Stores (NYSE: JAS), The Dallas Chamber of Commerce, The New York State For Veterans Organization, SMU’s Cox School of Business and The National Italian American Foundation. He is a member of the Advisory Councils for Outlook Leadership, The Pro Players Foundation, the Japan-America Society of Dallas/Fort Worth, and is a Network of Executive Women Champion. He is also an active member of the Business Executives for National Security and the Young Presidents’ Organization West Texas Chapter.

A native of Chicago, Ill., DePinto earned a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Management from the United States Military Academy at West Point, and a Master of Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He and his wife Ingrid and their four sons reside in Southlake, Texas.

All i have to say is very impressive resume even though its not all of it! If he continues to do like he did on last night's episode, all his co-workers in the business will be successful! with this seriers being aired, each CEO has a lot of guts to see that changes and rewards need to be handed out! Its sad that other coperations that asked for bail-outs can't take a page from the successful businesses' play book (like 7-Eleven, Waste Management, and Hooters) to make things right! Think this show is on to something! IMO
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=containerrow2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>