PDA

View Full Version : where to get: moto signature

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 02:08 PM
hey i noticed some of you teufels have your salad bowls in your signature, but they want you to pay for that stuff, why!? how can i make one for free? i only have 4 medals and a ribbon... im not going to pay some jerk money for a digital display only this website can see/ understand...

thanks!

polizei
02-22-10, 02:19 PM
I made mine. I found the picture and put in my ribbon/badges. Doesn't look as good, but gets the job done...otherwise, unless you know someone that can run Photoshop well, you might be SOL.

Just my luck my brother designs websites for a living, but he won't even help me. :evilgrin:

BR34
02-22-10, 02:25 PM
A couple years ago there was a sight that did them for free. I had mine done back then but here I am now 3 ribbons/medals later I tried that sight again and they want like 15 bucks. <br />
<br />
No idea why,...

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 02:29 PM
yeah we have the latest photoshop at the college i go to, but i was hoping i could just go to a website and click on what i want and tha parameters will come up, cus i dont want to have to guess on the total size of it, then if im wrong have to resize it... i think it should be manditory to have the "achievement" display in your signature... but not if it costs money...

also i would like to add that my "together we served" account lets you put one together over there...

BR34
02-22-10, 02:32 PM
i think it should be manditory to have the "achievement" display in your signature

Why is that?

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 02:44 PM
well, its manditory to fill everything else out... i think its great to see the achievements of Marines past and present, i read ribbons and medals like a book. you can tell just about anything about a Marine just by his or her stack... where they have been, how long they were there... etc.

Integrity57
02-22-10, 03:03 PM
I got mine from militarysignatures.com for a one time fee of $10 (did it in hopes of Marines on the site here not mistaking me for a Corpsman, didn't work as well I'd hoped tho lol) and I think you could modify it as much as you want with different backgrounds and texts for like a month and then the subscription to their site expires after that month but you "keep" your signature.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 03:07 PM
I got mine from militarysignatures.com for a one time fee of $10 (did it in hopes of Marines on the site here not mistaking me for a Corpsman, didn't work as well I'd hoped tho lol) and I think you could modify it as much as you want with different backgrounds and texts for like a month and then the subscription to their site expires after that month but you "keep" your signature.

what is an AM3? aircraft mechanic e-4?

Integrity57
02-22-10, 03:09 PM
Correct sir haha, your the first to ever get it right on the first guess.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 03:14 PM
the navy is the only other branch i ever bothered to learn the different ranks
for, but i have to thank my friend HM3 morales for the help lol, in okinawa on white beach there are seabees and yeomen and all this crazy ****, and you sailors get pretty ****ed when we **** up your rank designation, so i made it an appoint to learn the most common ones ;)

Integrity57
02-22-10, 03:20 PM
haha Yea alot of folks from other branches don't understand them or it takes a while to catch on. More so when it comes to the Chiefs because on paper a Chief's rate/rank looks like AMC (E-7) AMCS (E-8) or AMCM (E-9) and the different rate abbrieviations tend to mess folks up.

TinDragon
02-22-10, 03:25 PM
Only one I know is what I would be if I was in the Navy...

CTO3 Nettnin, haha.
Forgot what the E3 one was.

Integrity57
02-22-10, 03:35 PM
You'd be a CTOSN, SN meaning Seaman, which is another aspect of the different ratings in the Navy. Engineering, Aviation, Surface, and Construction rates all have different titles for their E-3s and below, Engineers being Firemen, Aviation being Airmen, Surface being Seamen, and Construction (SeaBees) being Constructionmen.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 03:53 PM
i bet ther is even trouble inter-navy with all the crazy things you guys call yourselves lol, thats why i like chiefs lol.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

decided to make my own ghetto signature till i can make a better one on photoshop ;)

Lisa 23
02-22-10, 03:57 PM
decided to make my own ghetto signature till i can make a better one on photoshop ;)

Good job! :thumbup:

Integrity57
02-22-10, 04:01 PM
Yea there is, it took me a little bit to learn the different CT and surface rates and alot of the other recruits in my boot camp division thought our Chief was an Air Traffic Controller because his rate/rank was ATC, which is a Chief Aviation Electronics Technician.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 04:06 PM
Good job! :thumbup:

thanks teufel, i was starting to get jealous of all the neat different signatures all the members here have. but ill be damned if im going to pay someone for that! lol.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 04:11 PM
Yea there is, it took me a little bit to learn the different CT and surface rates and alot of the other recruits in my boot camp division thought our Chief was an Air Traffic Controller because his rate/rank was ATC, which is a Chief Aviation Electronics Technician.

i was loading up a flatbottom to send off equipment to the typhoon relief for phuket back after xmas 05 i think and i went up to a sailor to ask him where the head was, and i was like ''hey petty officer wheres the head?" (he was an e-4 and i was an e-3 at the time ) and he was like "i'm a cn3" and i was like, "oh... okay"

Integrity57
02-22-10, 04:22 PM
Yea some don't like to be called Petty Officer, alot of Fleet Sailors prefer to be addressed by their rate/rank or last name if you know them, but he probably didn't realize you didn't know his rate.

TinDragon
02-22-10, 04:24 PM
Makes me glad I joined the Marine Corps, haha.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 04:27 PM
Yea some don't like to be called Petty Officer, alot of Fleet Sailors prefer to be addressed by their rate/rank or last name if you know them, but he probably didn't realize you didn't know his rate.

i figured i couldnt go wrong with petty officer lol :sick:

Integrity57
02-22-10, 04:34 PM
Yea you really can't unless someone is just a prick about it lol.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 04:38 PM
he was prolly mad cus when i was loading up some 7 tons on the bottom of the boat and id put it in first gear with the jake brake on high going down the ramp to the bottom lol. i thought it sounded cool, but i dont think there was an agreeance on that... that **** echoed through the whole boat lol

Integrity57
02-22-10, 04:42 PM
That is pretty funny lol.

HARDLUCK88
02-23-10, 01:31 PM
That is pretty funny lol.
is this you?
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww144/boondazzle/falcor-1.jpg

Integrity57
02-23-10, 02:18 PM
Negative ghostrider lol, but wasn't that guy in the movie TopGun?

Mac3043
02-23-10, 10:03 PM
[quote=HARDLUCK88;609013]i bet ther is even trouble inter-navy with all the crazy things you guys call yourselves lol, thats why i like chiefs lol.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

I love Chiefs so much that on a bright sunny day when approaching them I salute. :) I can't recall how many times I saluted a Navy Chief. It was because of the glint of the sun off the insignia fooling my eyes into seeing officer insignia. But what the heck most were HMC's and you gotta love Doc.

HARDLUCK88
02-23-10, 10:14 PM
yeah i never understood why they wore them in garrison... but after awhile you could tell who was a chief and who was an officer... the chief had the gut, or was laos...

Zulu 36
02-23-10, 10:22 PM
is this you?
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww144/boondazzle/falcor-1.jpg

Unless one of you guys worked on Shaw AFB F-16s....

egbutler1
02-23-10, 10:27 PM
hey i noticed some of you teufels have your salad bowls in your signature, but they want you to pay for that stuff, why!? how can i make one for free? i only have 4 medals and a ribbon... im not going to pay some jerk money for a digital display only this website can see/ understand...

thanks!
Hummm.... Didn't pay for mine. I don't know who the hell is paying for theirs.

Integrity57
02-24-10, 12:23 AM
Saw alot of boot Marines saluting Chiefs in P-Cola, course the Chiefs didn't seem to mind haha.