PDA

View Full Version : MOS 8563, Swim Instructor

Ruby
02-22-10, 12:03 PM
Hi, I just wanted to know if there are any swim instructors out there that could tell me how to get into the MOS. I'm PCS'ing soon and am not sure of the time frame that i would have to wait in order to request to lat move, or who to go to with my request. No one that I've asked so far seems to know for sure. Many thanks, -Ruby

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 02:11 PM
have you completed up to swim call 1? i was motor t so i only went to sc4.... what is your primary MOS?

TinDragon
02-22-10, 02:33 PM
Isn't that a secondary MOS, like range coach? Buddy of mine went to the swim school, got his shorts, but he's still a 2621.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 02:46 PM
maybe being a swim instructor is something they fap you out too?

TinDragon
02-22-10, 02:48 PM
Yeah, probably. I know my friend only really does swim quals for his unit, but at some point he probably got fapped out.

Ruby, your best bet is to find a Marine in your unit who does swim quals. They should know.

HARDLUCK88
02-22-10, 03:00 PM
Yeah, probably. I know my friend only really does swim quals for his unit, but at some point he probably got fapped out.

Ruby, your best bet is to find a Marine in your unit who does swim quals. They should know.

hey i just notices your location is uruma, how the weather in okinawa these days? i wish i stayed there, i'd still be in the Marines

TinDragon
02-22-10, 03:02 PM
Crappy, haha. Starting to get warm again though.

Rocky C
02-22-10, 03:10 PM
Ruby, It's a Secondary. MOS 8563 Water Safety/Survival Instructors

Summary. Water Safety/Survival Instructors supervise and conduct water safety and survival programs and instruct personnel in the techniques and methodology of water safety and survival.

Requirements/Prerequisites

(1) Complete a Marine Corps or other approved water safety/survival instructor course.
(2) Demonstrates current proficiency in the MOS.

Duties

(1) MGySgt to Pvt:
(a) Plans, conducts, and supervises training and testing in water safety and survival. (b) Conducts or assists in conducting water safety and survival courses.

SaloSV
02-23-10, 12:09 AM
I got my WS4 in recruit training. That was the hardest water time I ever did. Worse than college competitive swimming. My understanding was the next level was Instructor, I could be wrong though.

Quinbo
02-23-10, 12:35 AM
I got my WS4 in recruit training. That was the hardest water time I ever did. Worse than college competitive swimming. My understanding was the next level was Instructor, I could be wrong though.

Where is the punch line?

SaloSV
02-23-10, 01:06 AM
Where is the punch line?

LOL! I guess I made a funny.

Hey man, all I remember is those Aholes practically drowned me during the rescue exercise. Hell, it was probably you! Whoever it was, he wouldn't let go no matter how hard I pinched! I was ready to start bitin'....:scared: