PDA

View Full Version : Try to get back into the Marines after being out 4 years

mp16
02-21-10, 11:00 PM
I have been out for four years. Got out to start a family but after four years I have realized how much I despise working with and attempting to tolerate civilian idiots. I miss the Marine Corps and want back in. If anybody has any knowledge about what may happen to my rank and MOS. I was an ordnance tech and want to be an MP now. Are MPs going to be completely phased out? Would I be able to reenlist as an MP.

Meyer0331
02-21-10, 11:05 PM
I have been out for four years. Got out to start a family but after four years I have realized how much I despise working with and attempting to tolerate civilian idiots. I miss the Marine Corps and want back in. If anybody has any knowledge about what may happen to my rank and MOS. I was an ordnance tech and want to be an MP now. Are MPs going to be completely phased out? Would I be able to reenlist as an MP.

There are a couple of really great threads. Type in "prior service" or "broken service".

Recruiters will be open tomorrow, so I'll be talking to them too.

Short story, you can get back in, but it will be a hassle. Then again, it will be worth it.
:flag:

Supersquishy
02-22-10, 04:34 AM
If your still in the IRR the process is way easier, however on that note getting back AD is going to be a waiting game. If you want to go in Reserves and you are still in the IRR it is a matter of a few weeks.

If you are OFF contract (out of the IRR) then its a bictch no matter AD or Reserves.

Get with your local PSR, Go here and look at where the closest one to you is so you can go in person and bug the sh1t out of him/her trust me you have to be on them or nothing gets done.
http://www.marforres.usmc.mil/Stay/PSR.asp

tdrt
02-22-10, 02:07 PM
Good Luck!!

RufMarine
03-05-10, 08:14 AM
If your still in the IRR the process is way easier, however on that note getting back AD is going to be a waiting game. If you want to go in Reserves and you are still in the IRR it is a matter of a few weeks.

If you are OFF contract (out of the IRR) then its a bictch no matter AD or Reserves.

Get with your local PSR, Go here and look at where the closest one to you is so you can go in person and bug the sh1t out of him/her trust me you have to be on them or nothing gets done.
http://www.marforres.usmc.mil/Stay/PSR.asp

Amen to that, you definitely have to bug them on a daily basis to get anything accomplished. I was trying for AD but i've settled for trying to go back in reserve, AD is just not going to happen for anyone anytime soon. Getting your foot in the door is better than standing outside looking in.

usmc3521
03-06-10, 09:55 AM
same story here, I want to go AD but can only go SMCR for right now, no big deal though! Im just glad to be getting back in uniform!!