PDA

View Full Version : What do Combat Engineers do

PGargano
02-20-10, 11:01 PM
Can someone go into detail of what Combat Engineers do. What is their job? What do they build? Is it true that they also do some infantry training? Wheres the training and how long is it? Will I get to sweep for IEDs? What kind of vehicle do they use to sweep and are they safe from IED's? Why is it a dangerous job? Is there any special pay? Can I ask to do Embassy Duty? Anything you can think of I know its a lot of questions but I want to like what im doing Id like to do 20 years in the military. Are there any other jobs that you think are interesting that I could qualify for I got a 66 on my asvab and 114 GT

Komenko
02-20-10, 11:20 PM
Can someone go into detail of what Combat Engineers do.

What is their job? Construction, bridging, demolition

What do they build? bridges, buildings and obsticals

Is it true that they also do some infantry training? yes

Wheres the training and how long is it? Court House Bay Camp Lejeune, North Carolina

Will I get to sweep for IEDs? if your lucky enough!

What kind of vehicle do they use to sweep and are they safe from IED's? MRAPS such as Buffalos, Cougars, AVBs, M-ATVs, Hummers, MTVRs

Why is it a dangerous job? your playing with explosives!

Is there any special pay? no

Can I ask to do Embassy Duty? yes

Anything you can think of I know its a lot of questions but I want to like what im doing Id like to do 20 years in the military. Are there any other jobs that you think are interesting that I could qualify for I got a 66 on my asvab and 114 GT

hope that helps some!

josephd
02-21-10, 08:56 PM
to go along with what komenko said your job/duties will depend on if your division or logistics. If your division you will be more likely to deal with combat oriented duties, explosives, IED's, mine clearing, etc...with logistics you will be doing more construction and support.

Wheels123
02-22-10, 01:12 PM
I had a buddy that was a combat engineer. All he ever did was build boxes and sit on them. Sometimes they would put crap in them, other times they would break them down and build them again.