PDA

View Full Version : Surgery.....

Phantom Blooper
02-20-10, 07:40 PM
Cats out of the bag so I will post now.....

As some of you may remember I had surgery back in 2004 for stomach esophagus cancer of the lower esophagus.....

Well it has returned and I will have surgery on Monday the 22nd CI at 0600.

I will be in ICU for at least two days after the surgery because I am a heart patient.....they are supposed to remove what they find and maybe some intestine and put a surgical cage around the esophagus to hold everything in place......

They have the technology so they can rebuild me.....

The reason for the post is that I have received two PM's because I requested all my email from all contacts to be stopped.

Just trying to take care of things before I go.....because I usually get about 75 + emails a day and don't want to be overwhelmed....

When I travel I take my laptop...so no problems...this trip I won't have that choice.

I will post as soon as possible...I should be out of the hospital by the 1st....but no guarantee of posting for awhile.

Thanks for the thoughts ....

Semper-Fi!

Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

Lisa 23
02-20-10, 08:09 PM
Chuck...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
You'll be missed here on Leatherneck, but know that we'll be here for you when you are well enough to come back.

Get well soon....and God Bless!

Semper Fi!

Quinbo
02-20-10, 08:13 PM
Long as I have been visiting this site SSgt Blooper has been a mentor with a keen sense of humor that I enjoy. This place won't be the same until your return Chuck. I wish you well.

Sgt Jim
02-20-10, 08:18 PM
Prayers out to you Chuck for a fast recovery,Jim and Rose.

Zulu 36
02-20-10, 08:37 PM
Good luck, Bloop. Get well fast and come back.

jetdawgg
02-20-10, 09:01 PM
Get well soon and hurry back:usmc:

Integrity57
02-20-10, 09:29 PM
I hope everything goes well and that you have a speedy recovery SSgt.

polizei
02-20-10, 09:32 PM
Good luck brother, Semper Fi! I wish you the best of luck!

semperfiman
02-20-10, 11:40 PM
good luck to ya bro Semper Fi

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-10, 11:49 PM
Damn Bloop....you take care.

Don't flirt with the hot nurses too much...

Be thinkin good thoughts for you for sure.

Gunner 0313
02-20-10, 11:56 PM
:flag:Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. SF !

Phantom Blooper
02-21-10, 05:17 AM
Don't flirt with the hot nurses too much...

If I could get Rhode Island Rocky to send me some of that scented toilet water....on the overnight shipment....I may have a chance.

The last time I had a procedure done....(heart) they have you on the gurney in your birthday suit....covered with a sheet...

Then they help you on to another table.....as I was being helped....I put my hand over the sheet by my nether region to keep it covered....this one battle axe nurse said,"Sir,don't worry we be doing this so long....we seen them all before.

I said,"I know dear,however this one is special because this precious little thing belongs to me!"

It took a few minutes before they could start the procedure and put me under,because they were all trying to be professional and laughing so hard at the same time.

I appreciate all the thoughts,prayers and comments.....

As of last week no one in the system told me to get my affairs in order....so everything should be alright!

Again thank you ALL and Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

Marine84
02-21-10, 05:55 AM
Damn PB - sorry to hear it's back man. You sound like me before surgery - always knock out a funny right before I go under. Let me know what hospital you'll be in and we'll send you something.

Holler at us as soon as your fingers start working again.

Rocky C
02-21-10, 06:09 AM
Chuck My Brother, I got tears Bro :(.
I had to read this news here?
You couldn't share this with Godfuddah Rocky before hand?
When you get home were gonna have a Sitdown!!!

Brother, Huge amounts of Prayers going out to You!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna pace around the house for awhile now and try and shake this off.
I hate when Brothers and Sisters here get sick.
I'd rather it be me than any of you.

Chuck, I.......... nevermind Brother, can't see the keyboard to well right now.

Semper Fi,
Congressman Godfuddah Crock Pot Rocky.......

redman1
02-21-10, 06:53 AM
Chuck hope everything goes good for you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you my friend. I got that E-mail message but didn't understand it and I'm glad you took time to explain.
Thanks to Rocky for posting this site on Morning Zephyr other wise I wouldn't have known.
You have become a big part of Leatherneck and you will be missed, hurry back.
If you do put on some of Rocky's toilet water be sure to put some at the business end.
Get well soon.
Semper Fi Redman

jrhd97
02-21-10, 07:23 AM
Good luck Chuck! Prayers out for you brother.

TazMatt
02-21-10, 07:40 AM
Prayers are outbound for you Chuck take care and do what the Docs say,and remember that The Almighty Healer will be there also for where two or three are gathered in His name there He shall be also. Semper Fi

FPM
02-21-10, 08:16 AM
SSgt PB, Best of luck to you.
Me & mine will be pulling for a fast recovery

AlwaysWillBe
02-21-10, 08:19 AM
Chuck, you hang in there Brother.
We want you back and in tip top shape!

OLE SARG
02-21-10, 01:50 PM
You will be in our prayers Chuck ------ hope all goes well and know you will be back on line in no time. God Bless!!!!

SEMPER FI,

foreverproud
02-21-10, 05:14 PM
Godspeed ... you are in my prayers ...

doc h fmf
02-21-10, 05:20 PM
Chuck take care your in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you brother.

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Osotogary
02-21-10, 05:51 PM
Darn, I just turned my head and off you go to have more procedures done. Take care, Phantom, my friend. Do you think that you can have visitors? I'll drive up and see you...if you wish. Prayers and well wishes outbound to you and yours.
Do the best that you can.
Gary

Izzame2
02-22-10, 07:35 AM
I went through neck cancer treatment so I can understand somewhat you're going through.When I first began treatment the Doctor said" This is going to be the most difficult thing you ever went through in your life.It is going to be as tough as Marine Corps boot camp." My sister in-law and I laughed at that comment (the Doctor didn't know that I was a former Marine)I told him that I was a former Marine and he said "Oh! I guess this will be a breeze for you then." Well it turned out that it wasn't exactly a breeze because for the radiation treatment they put you in a mask that was fixed to the radiation table so you couldn't move you head for a half an hour.Here is a photo of the device that appears to be something straight out of Medieval torture.
http://cancerls.com/web_images/280px-radiation-mask.jpg

Well any way you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.Take it easy and get well soon.

Osotogary
02-22-10, 08:32 AM
Geez, Izzame2, that 's one h*ll of a picture and adding the words "straight out of Medieval Torture", didn't help much either. I have the feeling that the Phantom will pull through just has he has in the past, just like you did. You guys are tougher than hardtack. Prayers outbound, Chuck. Let me know if and when you can have visitors.
Gary

rb1651
02-22-10, 02:19 PM
Thoughts and prayers are outbound for ya Chuck. Get well soon, and get back on here when you're able.

Phantom Blooper
03-01-10, 05:33 PM
I am out of the hospital and will post as able.

They did the surgery and an intestine resection taking approximately 16 " of them chittlin's....

I am doing well and have to go back next week for suture removal and start treatments for awhile....

Right now I am eating pureed food and liquids and have lost about 25 pounds with more to follow.

I am tired because of the operation and the medicine....but I did what I was told and was able to be released early to home instead of staying in the hospital....

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers and I will keep you informed of the outlook.

Semper Fi!:evilgrin:

Gunner 0313
03-01-10, 05:37 PM
:flag:Good to see you back brother ! You're still in our thoughts and prayers. Rest up, we still need you in the fight ! YUT !!!!!!

redman1
03-01-10, 05:40 PM
PB thanks for the update. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers and I'm glad your doing well. You can't keep a Marine down.
I've always pushed the limits on my surgery's but did what the doctors said and have done really well after all my surgery's. All my doctors know I'm a Marine and wouldn't expect any less from me.
I'm honored to know you.
Get better.
Semper Fi Redman

Zulu 36
03-01-10, 05:41 PM
Welcome back, Bloop. I'm very happy things have gone well so far. Good luck.

Rocky C
03-01-10, 05:52 PM
I am out of the hospital and will post as able.

They did the surgery and an intestine resection taking approximately 16 " of them chittlin's....

I am doing well and have to go back next week for suture removal and start treatments for awhile....

Right now I am eating pureed food and liquids and have lost about 25 pounds with more to follow.

I am tired because of the operation and the medicine....but I did what I was told and was able to be released early to home instead of staying in the hospital....

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers and I will keep you informed of the outlook.

Semper Fi!:evilgrin:

Glad your Home Chuck :thumbup:.
Post when you can Brother.
Prayers Outbound to you Always.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Osotogary
03-01-10, 05:57 PM
Best news that I have had all day! All the best to you, Phantom. Nothing like being home.
Rehab well, compadre. Pass on my best to all those who are caring for you.
Gary

Integrity57
03-01-10, 06:38 PM
Glad to know your surgery went well well SSgt., I hope your treatments go just as well and you're good to go quickly thereafter. My best wishes are with you sir.

doc h fmf
03-01-10, 06:58 PM
Dear Chuck glad to hear your doing well.Take it easy and dont overdue yourself.
TAKE CARE LOVE YOU BROTHER AND I'LL KEEP ON PRAYING.

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

montana
03-01-10, 07:43 PM
dam....sorry i missed this thred...bout fell over reading the first....am sooooo glad thinks are lookin up...dam i hate it when one of you has to go threw this .....im so full of BS...flopin my lips all the time ...then when this stuff happens cant think of a dam thing to say...makes my heart hurt

Phantom Blooper
03-01-10, 09:07 PM
I appreciate everything everyone has said.....

Montana.....

No need to feel bad.....I don't expect everyone to comment on this post.....just knowing that there are Marine Corps brothers and sisters and our navy brethren and civilian friends and family that care says boatloads....even by taking the time to read this thread.

Even though I have only met a few on this site since 2002....everyday I thank my higher power for ALL the Marines,sailors and friends that I have here.

I did have two Marines taking care of me and a former navy corpsman and a reservist navy nurse......

I couldn't have asked for any better care....and treatment to my wife.

I appreciate the offers of visits and sorry I didn't read them until today....but being in ICU would have been hard to do anyway....with only allowing family members in the room.

My eyes are starting to cross from being tired so I will sign off and go to bed.

Godspeed,fair winds and following seas to ALL!:beer:

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

SlingerDun
03-01-10, 09:31 PM
Good Recoveryhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
Right now I am eating pureed food and liquids and have lost about 25 pounds with more to followCan we be expecting recipe swaps anytime soon?

--->Dave

linda1945
03-01-10, 11:04 PM
Good to hear you are back home PB. thoughts and prayers are coming from us. You take care.
Hugs,xox
Semper Fi
Lin

FPM
03-02-10, 07:13 AM
Glad to see you're back

redman1
03-02-10, 07:19 AM
Good Morning PB hope you have a good day
Semper Fi Redman

MarshRunner
03-02-10, 07:28 AM
Got you in my prayers brother ...
SF
Mike

TazMatt
03-02-10, 07:31 AM
Good to see that you are home Chuck take care and do what the boss says to do and everything will be alright.Prayers are still outbound for your recovery and healing.

Phantom Blooper
03-02-10, 08:12 AM
Good morning,

Feels better to be home.....

It is amazing when you take some of life's simplest things for granted and can't do them for yourself.

SlingerDun....they claim everything....just about can be pureed....right now though even though I like to eat...it is just the thought of eating that gets to me....this should work itself in the next week or so...and the smell of even the foods that I enjoy are nauseous to smell.....this will also soon pass.

Right now its soups,vegetables,mashed potatoes,jellos,puddings,fruits, juices,ice cream and about anything I can tolerate...pureed....the key is keeping it moist without loosing the cosistency...with broths,H20 or cream.....2 ounces fills me up....I have to eat about 6 times a day.....

But on a brighter note.....I woke up this morning and am still above ground....so thats a good thing.

Take care Marines,sailors and friends!

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
03-02-10, 08:24 AM
Chuck, good to see you back and that you're doing well!
You're in my prayers!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/animal%20buddie%20greetings/GetWellSoon-SnoppyWoodstock.jpg

vipere6
03-02-10, 08:35 AM
My prayers are with you Chuck. Sorry to hear it came back. I believe in God that you will do fine. After all your a Marine! Simper Fi " YOU OLD SALT"

vipere6
03-02-10, 08:39 AM
My prayers are with you Chuck. Sorry to hear it came back. I believe in God you'll do
just fine. After all your our brother Marine.

Simper Fi "YOU OLD SALT"