PDA

View Full Version : Friend in the DEP

TypeOrange
02-19-10, 11:51 PM
So I have a friend in the DEP, and I am pretty sure she is being lied to at this point. She can't make it to an IST tomorrow because of work issues and they are threatening to discharge her from the...

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-10, 02:33 AM
Depends on if she has missed a bunch of them before or has missed other things. I wouldn't think so, but it doesn't sound kosher to me either.

Phantom Blooper
02-20-10, 05:38 AM
I can not answer this question with expeirence.... <br />
<br />
But if you read some of the posts in the Poolee Hall Of Fame.....where poolees are informed by the recruiters at the RSS if they don't make the...

Marine84
02-20-10, 08:14 AM
No, don't tell her to go to another Recruiter. If the Recruiter had to threaten her with that, he must question how bad she wants it already. I don't blame him - I would be pi$$ed off too if I had to give up my free time for some little $h!t$ that didn't really care that much to start with.

Before she had to be threatened with that, she should have offered on her own to see if he could do it later on HIS time. Better for her to learn now.....................

Marine84
02-20-10, 08:19 AM
OH T O - Semper Fi my baby brother Ordie!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-10, 06:27 PM
Blooper and '84, good points, I didn't think of that. I revise the answer to the question. Put me in ya'll's corner regarding my last sentence. The other part stands.

codeman92190
02-20-10, 06:39 PM
As far as I know, her recruiter isn't bluffing. Before I went to Bootcamp, my recruiting station had such an excess of poolees that we were dropping peoples contracts for things like not coming to poolee events, or not passing OUR standards for the IST (much higher than necessary, but it prepared us immensely for MCRD).

I still maintain regular contact with my recruiter, and from what I'm hearing things have only gotten tighter....

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-10, 07:01 PM
Good scoop. Take heed, poolees!

Phantom Blooper
02-20-10, 07:27 PM
my recruiting station had such an excess of poolees that we were dropping peoples contracts for things like not coming to poolee events, or not passing OUR standards for the IST (much higher than necessary, but it prepared us immensely for MCRD).

This is what I have been reading about for quite some time now in addition to other reasons.....as I stated I am not in the here and now.....but it makes sense to me...

Basically a poolee is a pledge employee of the Marine Corps and if you don't show up to work and excel ....like you do for that civilian paycheck....if I was your boss,foreman or supervisor and you couldn't get along with the program....I would Trump you and say,"YOUR FIRED!":evilgrin: