PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Marines who've trained at Mojave Viper

biesseb
02-18-10, 08:12 PM
I must know if there is internet accessibility out there. It seems no matter who I ask, I get varying answers and opinions on this matter. My SNCOIC signed me up to go there for a month knowing that I have school. He has told me that he believes internet is available out there. At this point I can't back out, but at least if I know, I can make the proper arrangements with my school. Looking forward to your replies.

MUSTANG0369
02-18-10, 09:26 PM
If you want internet you have to go to Mainside, as far as I know. I am stationed here and my unit constantly supports EMV. I have never seen an interenet cafe at camp wilson.

B

Komenko
02-18-10, 09:57 PM
If you want internet you have to go to Mainside, as far as I know. I am stationed here and my unit constantly supports EMV. I have never seen an interenet cafe at camp wilson.

B

that is true, when i was there in 2005 Wilson didn't have anything and I had to take a bus to mainside to the limited internet cafe there. the reason i say limited is cause there is a time limit of how long your able to use it. don't know if that still applies today!

sfthog
02-18-10, 10:02 PM
See if sprint or cricket usb modems work there, then just buy one for your laptop.If you don't have a laptop or can't afford the monthly payment please disregard.

osborned
02-18-10, 10:27 PM
Yes, there is free internet available at the Warrior Club. I was just there all January. Also anybody with AT&T usually gets full 3G coverage at Wilson. We usually had great service in the field, too. For some reason.

MD8724
02-18-10, 10:35 PM
ATT gets full service, and you can get internet near the px, warrior club, or the laundry mat. Also, i doubt the school sites are blocked from your work computers out there either, if you have those.

lstampa
02-20-10, 02:03 PM
Damn this thread made me realize how much I hated going to Mojave Viper.

Went 2 times for a total of 3+ months.

Walking around in circles looking for a cell phone signal.

devilbones
02-20-10, 08:18 PM
I cant believe you are looking for cell phone signals/internet during an exercise.

Komenko
02-20-10, 08:22 PM
I cant believe you are looking for cell phone signals/internet during an exercise.

you do know there is down time while your out there! its not always field training. I did a back to back CAX and got a 96 inbetween them both. think my platoon got lucky too. we had a GP tent while everyone else was baking in the old A-frames.

devilbones
02-20-10, 08:55 PM
you do know there is down time while your out there! its not always field training. I did a back to back CAX and got a 96 inbetween them both. think my platoon got lucky too. we had a GP tent while everyone else was baking in the old A-frames.

So what did you do without internet?

MD8724
02-20-10, 08:58 PM

Maybe he is comm. Then it would be his job :)

devilbones
02-20-10, 09:01 PM
Maybe he is comm. Then it would be his job :)

Hahaha, yea. I would be wanting to get some pussy or get drunk. But thats cool if you wanna surf the internet. Its 2010 now and things are different.

Komenko
02-20-10, 10:31 PM
So what did you do without internet?

there wasn't any internet when i was there in 1999. but when i wenk back for a 2 week training op in 2005 i spent some of my down time at the internet cafe on mainside.