PDA

View Full Version : Graduation from BRC

DoubleSS
02-18-10, 06:09 PM
My so is going thru BRC right now and was wondering if there is a graduation ceremony a parent could attend?

HawkerDad
05-15-10, 08:59 PM
My so is going thru BRC right now and was wondering if there is a graduation ceremony a parent could attend?

Double SS,

Just now saw your post from 3 months ago, so you probably already know what I'm about to say (hopefully your son has now graduated BRC?), but......

Yes, there is a great (but short) ceremony that family and friends are encouraged to attend! It lasts about an hour, but is very moving, emotional and motivating. These young men have sweated blood and tears to graduate from Recon training, so it would be great if you could attend!

Recon (BRC) graduation is typically on a Thursday or Friday between 10:00am and 12:00 noon. It is held in an auditorium in the SOI/ITB area of Camp Pendleton. Closest place to stay is in San Clemente. You will then enter the base at the "Basilone Road" gate the morning of graduation.

My oldest son just graduated from BRC about 2 weeks ago (April 29), so all of this info is from a "been there, done that" parent! :D

Best of luck to your fine son!

Richard

DoubleSS
05-18-10, 08:02 PM
Hey Richard,
Yes our son Ryan graduated and we were able to attend the graduation.Definitly an achievement that few would try for and less would make it.
Right now he's busy getting ready for Japan and having a number of friends stop by.
Congratulation to your son and all your family.
Steve

foreverproud
05-19-10, 12:38 AM
Congratulations to both your Marines!