PDA

View Full Version : Semper Fi - Plt 2049

thewookie
02-18-10, 09:38 AM
19 years ago today, I got off a bus on Parris Island and stepped on those famous yellow footprints which have shaped and changed my life forever.....

:usmc: Semper Fi :usmc:

I would do it again in a heartbeat......:evilgrin:

Thank you
SDI SSgt. Reed
DI Sgt. Wallace
DI Sgt. Baker
DI Sgt. James
DI SSgt. Crosby (nasty 3rd phase pick-up) lol

dROD20
02-18-10, 09:59 AM
thank you for sharing...that was motivating Devil Dog! congrats

duragliter
02-18-10, 10:32 AM
Here's some back story for you, Wook.

Wallace was in my class at DIScol in 1989. Or at least a "Wallace" was there. When the assignment draft came down at the school for us "students," bribes were offered to get out of orders to 2nd.

By the time we all made it to "bird-dogging" the word was out. If you go to 2nd Battalion, you are more like a troop handler than a Drill Instructor. 2nd Battalion was right next to Regt/HQ. Tough to raise hell when the Regt/CO is parking his car and walking into the office and the SgtMaj is reading the paper with his feet up on the desk.

Across the street 1st Battalion had more cover. We just took them to the back side of the barracks, overlooking the swamps, and tried to kill them. ;) Out in 3rd Battalion, there was daily friggan' mayhem.

Any 1st or 3rd Battalion Drill Instructor reading this, is nodding his head.

(shrug)

Sorry, but, 2nd Battalion references are just like nails on a chalk board to me. 4th Battalion was harder.

polizei
02-18-10, 10:45 AM
I was 3rd Bn...they sure as hell killed us.

thewookie
02-18-10, 02:21 PM
Here's some back story for you, Wook.

Wallace was in my class at DIScol in 1989. Or at least a "Wallace" was there. When the assignment draft came down at the school for us "students," bribes were offered to get out of orders to 2nd.

By the time we all made it to "bird-dogging" the word was out. If you go to 2nd Battalion, you are more like a troop handler than a Drill Instructor. 2nd Battalion was right next to Regt/HQ. Tough to raise hell when the Regt/CO is parking his car and walking into the office and the SgtMaj is reading the paper with his feet up on the desk.

Across the street 1st Battalion had more cover. We just took them to the back side of the barracks, overlooking the swamps, and tried to kill them. ;) Out in 3rd Battalion, there was daily friggan' mayhem.

Any 1st or 3rd Battalion Drill Instructor reading this, is nodding his head.

(shrug)

Sorry, but, 2nd Battalion references are just like nails on a chalk board to me. 4th Battalion was harder.

Wow, small world.

Sgt. Wallace was/is a baaaad dude. Saw him climb the ropes at the O-Course like Donkey Kong used to do -- one arm on each rope, no legs, and it took him about 3 seconds to scale it. I also saw him leap the reverse wall at the O-Course with one short running leap. :scared: The guy was a physical specimen. Awesome Drill Instructor. The next platoon after ours he was the SDI -- him Sgt. Baker and Sgt. James running a platoon. But unfortunately, that was his last platoon as he/they got in trouble for beating recruits. Funny thing was they did that all the time with us, but our Senior, SSgt. Reed kept them in check.

"The beatings will continue, 2049, until the moral and performance improves" haha

Semper Fi Marines.:flag:

jhale2049
05-22-16, 04:21 PM
Is this Vernazzaro?