PDA

View Full Version : Building a Marine Corps Website

Shadowless
02-18-10, 08:10 AM
For the last few months I've been piecing together a website to try and cover as much basic information about the Marine Corps as I can. It's mostly geared towards current Sgt's and below and to prospective Marines who just want to know more about us and our history before taking the dive.

I've put up a bunch of information so far, but now I'm trying to figure out what kind of information Marines (and poolees) want to know. I have plenty of free time after work and love maintaining stuff like this (I'm a nerdy air winger and former computer programmer, go figure). My friends and I have used this to help study for boards and tests and so far it's worked pretty well. I also posted earlier here when I made my own Composite Score calculator since we were fed up with the wrong numbers the one on MOL was spitting back.

The page is http://www.thesupermarine.com

If you guys have any suggestions post them here or use the Contact Me link on my website. I'd love any feedback!

~Cpl Johnson
:flag:

TinDragon
02-18-10, 08:25 AM
Pretty good so far! If it was me I'd reorganize the links a little, but I spend way too much time on organization and not enough on content when I make webpages, so do as you will. :p

If you're looking for questions to answer, a lot of poolees and Marines alike would probably be interested in a quick breakdown of the tattoo policy. Could also throw in some information like common acronyms and unit heirarchy.

DocGreek
02-18-10, 08:52 AM
Cpl. Johnson, how about filling out your Profile? We'd like to know who we're talking to....PLEASE!

Shadowless
02-18-10, 09:30 AM
Ah, forgot all about that! Just filled it in a bit. If you want more, though, I've got a whole About Me page on my website!