PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps MOS

CrazedAssassin
02-17-10, 12:53 PM
I am waiting to further my way through highschool so that I can sign up for the Corps and I have been researching MOS's.

I was hopping someone could give me some info on these MOS's

0311 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0311new.htm) -- Rifleman
0317 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0317.htm) --Scout Sniper
0321 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0321new.htm) -- Reconnaissance Man
0351 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0351.htm) --Infantry Assaultman

Exspecially the last two.

Once I join I want a shot at Force Recon and Special Forces and I was wondering what MOS's I should choose to get that and what I should ask my recruiter about to get to that position faster.

Is 0321 the prelinary to Force Reconnaissance?

Thank you for the answers.

TinDragon
02-17-10, 12:58 PM
You can't really choose any of them, at least not to start with. You sign a contract for "Infantry" which will probably end up to be 0311, but could be a couple of other fields in there as well.

I know you have to request Scout Sniper in some way, I think the same is true for Recon. I can't really give you any more info, I'm about as far from a grunt as you can get.

Kegler300
02-17-10, 01:33 PM
You must be really excited to be hopping...

Silentwarrior17
02-17-10, 01:41 PM
Lol

sully0331
02-17-10, 02:02 PM
worry about meps, boot and SOI before you worry about doing an indoc to special froces...think about gym class tomorrow or what you want in your lunch. "hopping"...your damn right you gotta focus on your high school studies.

Silentwarrior17
02-17-10, 02:14 PM
Well said 'PIG', well said.

polizei
02-17-10, 02:57 PM
Ah, love these threads LOL. Now, where is WM?

Lisa 23
02-17-10, 08:54 PM
Ah, love these threads LOL. Now, where is WM?
Here I am....:)

And to CrazedAssassin, you might want to use bigger text next time. My text is set to large, and I still need a magnifying glass to read that text.

United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors

FIELD 03, INFANTRY

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/03.htm

Also, try using the search bar. You can find some more info on these MOS's.

Zulu 36
02-17-10, 09:17 PM
I also think it would be a good idea to dream up a different handle to use on this forum as well. I don't think well of crazed assassins and neither do most people I know.

Lisa 23
02-17-10, 09:31 PM
I also think it would be a good idea to dream up a different handle to use on this forum as well. I don't think well of crazed assassins and neither do most people I know.
:thumbup:

boyletp
02-18-10, 03:45 AM
I am waiting to further my way through highschool so that I can sign up for the Corps and I have been researching MOS's.

I was hopping someone could give me some info on these MOS's

0311 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0311new.htm) -- Rifleman
0317 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0317.htm) --Scout Sniper
0321 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0321new.htm) -- Reconnaissance Man
0351 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0351.htm) --Infantry Assaultman

Exspecially the last two.

Once I join I want a shot at Force Recon and Special Forces and I was wondering what MOS's I should choose to get that and what I should ask my recruiter about to get to that position faster.

Is 0321 the prelinary to Force Reconnaissance?

Thank you for the answers.

Let me start by saying get through boot camp first.

Then you can you all crazy. If you are serious about this, simply sign up for Infantry, and wait. i was lucky enough to get into the Sniper Platoon when i did because of my Battalions rotation schedule. From my experience, i wanted to do recon when i joined the Corps, but after ITB, i didnt. Then i went to Snipers once i got to my unit and passed, and subsequently went to Iraq 6 months later.

there is nothing you can do to get that position faster...except literally just run forever. and ever. and ever.

CrazedAssassin
02-18-10, 07:30 AM
Thank you for all the replies!
I know I should be focusing on my studies more then in the future but I have been told a multitude of things about the MOS's such as you can Enlist with the chance of being able to take the test for Force Recon after boot camp or that you can pick specifically what job you want to do.

Which I am guessing is wrong from what you guys have said.

(I tried making the text a little bit bigger.)

Do you mind me asking why that would be?

Lisa 23
02-18-10, 08:51 AM
In my opinion, you sound like you're a psycho killer with that user name.....and besides, Marines aren't crazed assassins, either.
And it's Marines, not you guys.

polizei
02-18-10, 10:50 AM
Marines are professionally trained to complete whatever mission we are given. We are not assassins, though we are highly trained to kill the enemy, but only if it is absolute necessity.

A common misconception in America is all that the Marine Corps does is go around killing innocent babies.

CrazedAssassin
02-18-10, 10:54 AM
It is because America believes that babies are the number one threat to the country!

josephd
02-18-10, 01:04 PM
It is because America believes that babies are the number one threat to the country!

If this is a joke/political statement you are making it isn't funny. You are probably all of 16 or 17 years old which would have made you around 8 at the time of 9/11. You have no clue what a threat is, what our current war on terror is about, and what it takes to protect our nation against it.

sully0331
02-18-10, 01:10 PM
CrazedAssassin listen to josephd... you have no f*cking clue what the f*ck your talking about. Its little punks like you with insecurity issues that talk sh*t and join our Corps that get good Marines killed or waste time trying to pass training when everyone damn well knows you should of never been let it. Go eat your cheeze-its and play call of duty when you run off the bus and beat off too what real Marines do everyday get a grip cause if you go into the Grunts with this attitude you will be another UA statistic mark my words.

Silentwarrior17
02-18-10, 01:26 PM
No truer words spoken sully. Loved to get these kind of guys out of boot/soi. They think they have it made and the tough part is over. Little do they know that my Cpls are about to unleash hell. Man I can't wait to get back in.

CrazedAssassin
02-18-10, 05:04 PM
If this is a joke/political statement you are making it isn't funny. You are probably all of 16 or 17 years old which would have made you around 8 at the time of 9/11. You have no clue what a threat is, what our current war on terror is about, and what it takes to protect our nation against it.

It defiantly wasn't a political statement because I have just recently started to even care about that kind of stuff.

Yes I was young during 9/11. I never fully understood the impact it caused on our country. I remember a year before everything happened I got to see that tower and being from a smaller city in Florida; it looked amazing.

I probably still don't understand how big it was or how devistating it was for the event that happened. So yes I don't have any right making jokes about that kind of thing nor was I intending to come off that way.

You said that most people think that the Marine Corps are a bunch of baby killers which is absolutly silly of them to think because that isn't what happens.

The purpose of Marines are to eliminate the worst threats to our country and to make this country safe for all that dwell within.
So if they think that the Marines kill babies then they must be a HUGE threat to our country in their eyes.

I was trying to infer about the ignorance of some people we defend in this country.

josephd
02-18-10, 05:13 PM
You said that most people think that the Marine Corps are a bunch of baby killers...

I never said that...

As a young wanna be poolee you are in no place on here or anywhere to be making any sort of political jokes or statements.

If you really want to become a Marine then good on you. Keep your eye on the prize of earning your title by keeping your mouth shut, eyes straight ahead, and working hard to get there.

CrazedAssassin
02-18-10, 05:17 PM
Marines are professionally trained to complete whatever mission we are given. We are not assassins, though we are highly trained to kill the enemy, but only if it is absolute necessity.

A common misconception in America is all that the Marine Corps does is go around killing innocent babies.

I'm sorry; I didn't pay attention to the user who made the statement

Zulu 36
02-18-10, 05:54 PM
Thank you for all the replies!
I know I should be focusing on my studies more then in the future but I have been told a multitude of things about the MOS's such as you can Enlist with the chance of being able to take the test for Force Recon after boot camp or that you can pick specifically what job you want to do.

Which I am guessing is wrong from what you guys have said.

(I tried making the text a little bit bigger.)

Do you mind me asking why that would be?

I don't care what handle you come up with as long as it doesn't have anything to do with killing. You may notice that the Marines who have replied to you have been around the block and most have seen the elephant. Killing isn't abstract to us. It is a disgusting reality of the business. Yes, we were, or still are, prepared to kill, but we don't revel in it.

Also, please left justify your text, change the font color to black, and increase the font size to at least 12-point (or a minimum 4 on the font control above). The center justification, red text, a small font make for a very difficult to read post.

polizei
02-18-10, 06:45 PM
I'm sorry; I didn't pay attention to the user who made the statement

And what's your point? I'm a Marine, I've earned my right to have my opinion.

CrazedAssassin
02-18-10, 07:45 PM
I understand that. I didn't say anything was wrong with it either.

As for the name I have had it for four years and it is tatooed on my back so I find it hard to change.

polizei
02-18-10, 07:47 PM
Are you serious?

CrazedAssassin
02-18-10, 07:50 PM
Yes, and you might find that stupid and it probably is; but that is what kids do.

Stupid stuff.

Lisa 23
02-18-10, 07:52 PM
I understand that. I didn't say anything was wrong with it either.

As for the name I have had it for four years and it is tatooed on my back so I find it hard to change.

I agree with you polizei...are you serious?

Good luck with getting a waiver for that tattoo. You may have just kissed your chances of becoming a Marine goodbye with a tattoo like that.....and if you want to know what the tattoo policy is, do a search on this site. It's been talked about many times before.

CrazedAssassin
02-18-10, 08:01 PM
I've read the tattoo policy. The tattoo doesn't breach any of the rules it sets.

Lisa 23
02-18-10, 08:08 PM
Whether you think so or not, your tattoo may fall under this part of the tattoo policy........

d. Tattoos or brands that are prejudicial to good order, discipline and morale, or are of a nature to bring discredit upon the Marine Corps. These may include, but are not limited to, any tattoo that is sexist, racist, vulgar, anti-american, anti-social, gang related, or extremest group or organization related.

I think crazed assassin might fall under the "nature to bring disrespect upon the Marine Corps" part of the policy.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/a/tattoo.htm

Silentwarrior17
02-19-10, 07:46 AM
The tattoo doesn’t have to fall under any specific thing. WM is right on this one, as it could be covered under that. Seen a lot of kids get Dqed for a lot less. Now in a time where the Corps not only can be very selective with who the decide to let in but during the conflicts that we are in as well…you really think that crazed assassin is going to fly? I tend to think not. Good luck on if there bud ,but you’ve probably sealed your fate when it comes to the Corps due to being a dumbazz and not thinking stuff through before you decide to do it…kinda reminds me of ur posts here too. Oh and if you somehow do get in, you'll never live that tattoo down in the fleet.

polizei
02-19-10, 08:08 AM
Just make sure you try and become an 03. Better yet, recon. And omg, I can't imagine the games my DI's would have played on you. Let me know when/if you are going so I can come down and visit! I'd love to see that crap.

sully0331
02-19-10, 08:38 AM
Ive never even met you and know your a punk*ss b*tch just by the sheer fact you get such a tattoo...if you make it into the fleet every combat vet who has dont more pumps than pullups you can do is gonna rip you apart daily. What in the f*cking world do you know about killing you punk*ass? Killing isnt a f*cking left or right trigger on a plastic device its F*cking sling shot condition one and rock and role and hope you dont get wasted first Keep your F*cking mouth shut you belong in an psychological facility not our Corps.

boyletp
02-20-10, 02:27 PM

whoa whoa you calm down. If you are serious about Infantry, first you need to grow up. Then realize that it is not you that will win the war, it is the Navy Marine Corps team. Listen, just go regular Infantry first. There is no such thing as Force Recon anymore, its called MARSOC. to get into MARSOC, you also need at least one Combat Deployment, and be an NCO. It takes a lot of hard work to get there. All you can do now is run, i am serious.