PDA

View Full Version : Re 3c re entry possible?

Protoboy12
02-17-10, 11:36 AM
I was discharged from Parris Island in october of 08 because of a "sexist tattoo." I recieved an entry level seperation, which of course leaves me with uncharacterized service. I have since went to...

TinDragon
02-17-10, 11:37 AM
You'd have to get the tattoo removed for any chance, but I don't think a "3" allows reenlistment.

Rocky C
02-17-10, 12:02 PM
INELIGIBLE TO REENLIST WAIVERS NOT AUTHORIZED AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED MARINE CORPS RE-2, RE-2B, RE-2C, RE-3A, RE-3C, RE-3S, RE-4, RE-4B

Protoboy12
02-17-10, 12:15 PM
Well the tattoo has been removed already. The Navy recruiter showed me a sheet that showed those re codes and said that I could not join the Navy, however, a Marine at headquarters told me that I would have to get a waiver. So this sheet is saying that I can not obtain this waiver? A friend of mine recieved an re of 3f or 3p, im not sure which one, and is reenlisting at this time.

TinDragon
02-17-10, 12:28 PM
As far as I know, Marines are pretty much skipping anyone who needs a waiver. No reason to try to get a waiver for them when there's plenty of people in line who don't need one. From what RI is saying though, you wouldn't be able to get a waiver for it anyway.

Rocky C
02-17-10, 12:32 PM
No waivers for the codes I listed.

INELIGIBLE TO REENLIST WAIVERS NOT AUTHORIZED AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.

Protoboy12
02-17-10, 12:38 PM
Okay, well thanks. I guess I'll just keep goin to college

Rocky C
02-17-10, 12:43 PM
Okay, well thanks. I guess I'll just keep goin to college

Great Idea :thumbup:.
Good Luck to you,
Rocky

Kegler300
02-17-10, 01:36 PM
Did you try the Army? If they take you, you might be able to make an interservice transfer later on, although it would be a long shot.

polizei
02-17-10, 02:59 PM
What I'm curious about is why did it take so long to become an issue? Why was it an issue at PI and not to your recruiter, or MEPS? Or did you hide it?

I think there's some untold story here...

Rocky C
02-17-10, 03:16 PM
What I'm curious about is why did it take so long to become an issue? Why was it an issue at PI and not to your recruiter, or MEPS? Or did you hide it?

I think there's some untold story here...

EXACTLEY!!!

crazymjb
02-17-10, 03:18 PM
Did you try going back through a recruiter? What about talking to an OSO (your in school now anyway). If it wasn't overtly racist or sexist I imagine you could have an opportunity to state your case. If it is something you really want that bad, write to your congressman. You may very well be SOL but at least you will know you tried.

I've really gotta wonder what it was, if guys can get in with "Your Welcome" tattooed on their lower abdomen I can't imagine there isn't someone to which you couldn't state your case.

Mike

Rocky C
02-17-10, 03:25 PM
He received an RE-3C.
It's not going to happen.

INELIGIBLE TO REENLIST WAIVERS NOT AUTHORIZED AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED MARINE CORPS RE-2, RE-2B, RE-2C, RE-3A, RE-3C, RE-3S, RE-4, RE-4B

Rocky C
02-17-10, 03:39 PM
He received an RE-3C.
It's not going to happen.

RE-3C- Ineligible for enlistment. Conscientious Objector.

And he said what??? A Tattoo??? NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

crazymjb
02-17-10, 03:40 PM
Sounds like a refusal to train after an "awakening"... saw a couple of those.

Mike

polizei
02-17-10, 03:46 PM
Yea I would like to know what happens to those people...we had one guy hit a DI, a few more fess up during "time of truth" and a few more break down, and one even run away. LOL, never found out what happened though...I guess they admin sep you?

HARDLUCK88
02-17-10, 04:07 PM
i think my re entry code is one of those, re3p?

Silentwarrior17
02-17-10, 04:38 PM
An RE-3-P is a discharge for a physical disability. They list examples as obesity or motion sickness. You can still reenlist but you need a waver. <br />
<br />
To the first guy…an RE-3-C Reenlistment...

Lisa 23
02-17-10, 08:43 PM
RE-3C- Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector. <br />
<br />
<br />
Tattoo (Body Art) Policy <br />
Mar 24 2007 <br />
<br />
The Marine Corps is getting...

firedog974
02-17-10, 10:05 PM
I had a medical discharge for a pretty serious injury to my shoulder. Before being medically discharged I was a staff select, had great fit-reps, the whole 9....I was given an RE-3P reenlistment...

Lisa 23
02-17-10, 10:13 PM
Ouch...sorry to hear about that firedog. <br />
I know what it's like to have a messed up shoulder. I've had my right shoulder operated on 3 times, twice in the past 2 and a half years. <br />
I feel for ya...

HARDLUCK88
02-17-10, 10:46 PM
i hate living every day knowing that i got separated on a medical and cant get back in, i had my dream job, and now its gone. now i have to go to college or face being nothing untill the day i die.

polizei
02-18-10, 11:00 AM
They didn't even offer to lat-move you guys to admin or something? That sucks.

Supersquishy
02-18-10, 11:02 AM
i hate living every day knowing that i got separated on a medical and cant get back in, i had my dream job, and now its gone. now i have to go to college or face being nothing untill the day i die.

Don't be in the dumps, you can try the National Guard, they do waivers.

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 01:21 PM
Don't be in the dumps, you can try the National Guard, they do waivers.

pardon my french but **** that! i know some people in the army national guard and they are idiots!

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 01:23 PM
They didn't even offer to lat-move you guys to admin or something? That sucks.

no way, ill be damned if ill be a desk jockey...

polizei
02-18-10, 02:29 PM
Lol better than the national guard!

Supersquishy
02-18-10, 02:30 PM
pardon my french but **** that! i know some people in the army national guard and they are idiots!

The National Guard DOES have Special Forces, betcha didn't know that.:nerd:

Silentwarrior17
02-18-10, 02:35 PM
Plus you get to wear a cool beret and call eachother by your first names....LOL

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 02:50 PM
Plus you get to wear a cool beret and call eachother by your first names....LOL

yeah no thanks, im not french...

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 02:53 PM
The National Guard DOES have Special Forces, betcha didn't know that.:nerd:

:thumbdown

Silentwarrior17
02-18-10, 03:00 PM
Oh now come on hardluck you mean you don't want to wear a beret and talk to your buddies 'steve' and 'gary'? Those are special forces kinda names. Plus you get to bedazzle your cammies with cool types of patches and such...haha

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 03:21 PM
Oh now come on hardluck you mean you don't want to wear a beret and talk to your buddies 'steve' and 'gary'? Those are special forces kinda names. Plus you get to bedazzle your cammies with cool types of patches and such...haha

i would rather eat rancid tuna salad out of my own *******.

Silentwarrior17
02-18-10, 03:28 PM
Lmfao!!!

Phantom Blooper
02-18-10, 04:03 PM
i got separated on a medical and cant get back in, i had my dream job, and now its gone. now i have to go to college or face being nothing until the day i die.

I had sixteen years in the Marine Corps and was medically retired.....

I feel for you on it being your dream job....

However...... even in your moments of sadness..... you need to face that even though you were cut short of your dreams....you did your service honorably and you will always be a Marine now and beyond the grave....

That is something no one can take from you.....

It never gets better....but it does get easier......

Good luck to you!

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

Protoboy12
02-18-10, 04:49 PM
I lied about what the tattoo meant at meps and the gunny there believed me, but once I got to the island, the gunny down there knew what it meant so I was discharged. Technically, I got booted for...

polizei
02-18-10, 04:57 PM
What was the tattoo of? Post a pic, because now I'm curious. :evilgrin:

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 04:57 PM
damn... was it worth it?

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 05:00 PM
I had sixteen years in the Marine Corps and was medically retired.....

I feel for you on it being your dream job....

However...... even in your moments of sadness..... you need to face that even though you were cut short of your dreams....you did your service honorably and you will always be a Marine now and beyond the grave....

That is something no one can take from you.....

It never gets better....but it does get easier......

Good luck to you!

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

well... at least i have all my guns :banana:

Protoboy12
02-18-10, 05:39 PM
I don't have a pic but the tattoo said M.O.B. and was about 3 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches, on my inner, right bicep. I got the tattoo because I lost a bet; I did not in any way want the tattoo or support it and it isn't gang related. In case you dont know, M.O.B. stands for money over *****es, commonly said by Li'l Wayne. I know. I was dumb. But something to end a military career over? I dunno.

Lisa 23
02-18-10, 06:26 PM
That's Gunnery Sergeant and Parris Island to you. <br />
And you answered your own original question on if you can obtain a waiver to reenlist. You committed &quot;fraudulent enlistment&quot;.......so the answer is...

polizei
02-18-10, 06:42 PM
Damn, at least if you were going to lie, make it something else lol. I'm sure MOB could stand for a lot of things...did you "fess" up during the moment of truth?

Rocky C
02-18-10, 06:46 PM
Well no SHIAT??? :evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
02-18-10, 07:12 PM
Of
Bloods

Is digging himself a hole with the Crypts.:evilgrin:

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 07:12 PM
hahaha you should have told them it meant "Marine Or Bust" lol

HARDLUCK88
02-18-10, 07:14 PM
Of
Bloods

Is digging himself a hole with the Crypts.:evilgrin:

do you mean crips?

Phantom Blooper
02-18-10, 07:17 PM
do you mean crips?

Yes..... but Crypts is the tomb that he is in.....:evilgrin:

Protoboy12
02-19-10, 10:26 AM
I never said that it wasn't my fault? I told them that it meant mind over body but the gunny didn't believe me so....... and I only did it because my recruiter told me to lie about it and was like "yeah, it wont be a problem. dont worry about removing it," when I was going to remove it in the first place. And yes, let this be a lesson to all the poolees...dont get stupid tattoos...wait, dont get any tattoos if youre going into the Marine Corps...:iwo:

Lisa 23
02-19-10, 10:37 AM
I never said that it wasn't my fault? I told them that it meant mind over body but the gunny didn't believe me so....... and I only did it because my recruiter told me to lie about it and was like "yeah, it wont be a problem. dont worry about removing it," when I was going to remove it in the first place. And yes, let this be a lesson to all the poolees...dont get stupid tattoos...wait, dont get any tattoos if youre going into the Marine Corps...:iwo:

Again....that's Gunnery Sergeant to you!
And for a recruiter to tell you to lie about a tattoo like that, I highly doubt a recruiter would say that knowing what the tattoo means and jeopordize their career over it. If the recruiter told you to jump off of the building, would you?
Even if the recruiter told you to lie like you said, you should've been man enough to fess up on what it meant to the doctors at MEPS....and whatever happened from that point on...happens.

Protoboy12
02-19-10, 11:07 AM
Yeah....it's easy to say that now but when you're 18, don't know anything about the Marine Corps, it's an easy mistake to make. I'm pretty sure at least half of all the other recruits in my platoon lied about SOMETHING while enlisting or conveniently left something out.:tank:

Lisa 23
02-19-10, 11:14 AM
You're platoon?
You did have a complete profile, and now you don't. You may want to fill that profile out.....again.

Protoboy12
02-19-10, 11:39 AM
I haven't changed anything in my profile? and yes, in my training platoon. 2088 Hotel Company.

Lisa 23
02-19-10, 11:57 AM
You may want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine fourms, as it's required to have a complete profile.

And what training platoon are you talking about? You're not even in the DEP yet, and you're talking about 2088 Hotel Company training platoon.

Phantom Blooper
02-19-10, 11:58 AM
I can't judge you for the tattoo that you have.....however I can tell you that regardless of age.....when you go to apply for any type of a job that being civilian or military that the first...

Lisa 23
02-19-10, 12:06 PM
My bad ....I forgot that you said you were discharged from boot camp. Forget my previous post asking if you were in the DEP yet.

Hanzo
02-19-10, 12:45 PM
I was also discharged due to an injury and have an RE-3P. About a year after I tried to reenlist. Granted, this was before they had poolees banging down the door to get in, so things may have...

Protoboy12
02-19-10, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I gotcha, phantom. There were a few kids that I heard got dropped for failing the drug screening, too. There were like two other kids that said they lied about having ADD when they were a kid, just little stupid things like that. But yeah, I understand that the Marine Corps tried to get me in once but I lied to them so I am not in a position to ask for a second chance. However, I have now applied for the change of RE code to the Naval board of corrections. Thanks for all the information though everyone! and a few laughs haha:beer:
Oh yeah and I didn't realize that I was supposed to have a full profile; sorry about that. But I'm done now!

Gunner 0313
02-19-10, 03:58 PM
:flag:http://www.navycs.com/military-re-codes.html

Lisa 23
02-19-10, 04:04 PM
Gunner, this kid has already been shown what the RE codes are on the first 2 pages. Some kids just don't know when to quit asking questions on something that isn't going to happen.

Rocky C
02-19-10, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I gotcha, Thanks for all the information though everyone! and a few laughs haha:beer: But I'm done now!

Ok, Good Luck, Bye, Bye........

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-10, 01:41 AM
Applying to the BCNR will be a wonderful waste of time and paperwork. The code will NOT be changed, as it's up to HQMC to do that, and they won't. No matter what the tat means/says, (to you), it means whatever the Marine Corps WANTS it to mean. You fraudulently enlisted, either with/about the tat or became a CO in Recruit Training. EITHER way, the Corps is done with you. Realize that and move on.

As far as the Guard goes, those of you who scoff at them, yeah, they aren't Marines. BUT, they do some decent stuff, and if you are serious about getting trigger time, or college money, or the light at the end of the tunnel (retirement), then look into 'em. I see more Marine bumper stickers at my Air Guard unit than I do Air Force. My XO, 1 of our PA's, and several of our med techs are former MARINES. We also have 2 former Navy Corpsman (FMF). And we are a MEDICAL unit. Scattered throughout the rest of the wing are well over 100 Marines.

So, laugh if you want, but I retire in August...15 years active USMC and the rest GUARD/Reserves....and guess what? When I draw my nice fat check at age 60, it'll say "DFAS" on it and the money spends the same.

Think long and hard on that.