PDA

View Full Version : Dep Entry date

Dutch 44
02-16-10, 09:52 PM
I have read in one source that it is 365 days before you graduate from Hs, and in another source ive read that you must be 17

So my question is, At 365 before i graduate i will still be 16, im not really sure how the process works regarding that.

Komenko
02-16-10, 09:59 PM
I have read in one source that it is 365 days before you graduate from Hs, and in another source ive read that you must be 17

So my question is, At 365 before i graduate i will still be 16, im not really sure how the process works regarding that.

you'll have to wait till your 17 with your parents premission to go

Dutch 44
02-16-10, 10:03 PM
Thank you,

Also, not to give the idea that i want to rush this, but if i wished to sign the contract on my 17th Birthday which is july 22 of this year, what would be the ideal time to start speaking with a recruiter, whether speaking on the phone, actually going into the office or whatever?

Komenko
02-16-10, 10:16 PM
Thank you,

Also, not to give the idea that i want to rush this, but if i wished to sign the contract on my 17th Birthday which is july 22 of this year, what would be the ideal time to start speaking with a recruiter, whether speaking on the phone, actually going into the office or whatever?

could always go on your birthday lol. depends on when the recruiter would like to talk to you. its up to them. call and ask your local recruiter when it would be a good time to stop by his office and talk about signing up. ask to make an appointment in the coming months and mark it on your calendar so you don't forget.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-17-10, 01:09 AM
Are you a junior in HS now? If so you can likely DEP directly after your 17th B-day. You can likely start talking to a recruiter now and lay some groundwork.

But 365 days is the limit as far as I'm aware.

Dutch 44
02-17-10, 02:45 PM
Yea im a junior right now,

Ive done alot of research and spoken to alot of retired Marines, specifically former recruiters, I know what i want and how 99% of the process works,

However i would like to makes sure all my information is up to date with a recruiter, make sure the fields i am interested in are available at that station, get the asvab done as quickly as possible and all that stuff.

I spoke with the recruiter at school about 2 months ago for about 15 mins, just some basic stuff gave him my contact info that stuff.

Rocky C
02-17-10, 02:58 PM
Must be 17 years of age with parents signature then Max 365 year to date days.

I Enlisted the day before my 18 Birthday because it was symbolic for Myself and my Parents.

DEP-184 Days.

4 days after my High School Graduation I was at Parris Island.

The Rest is History..........