PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Star / Silver Star

Tracylaud83
02-14-10, 07:38 PM
My Brother has some stories about his service, He claims Bronze Star, and Silver Star, amoung others.
I do know he was Green Berret (Army), But he claimes he will never show his awards or medals., Hopw can I check on what my brother did, without ****ing my older brother off, Knowing him, he might just want to tell or display anything, and just move on.If He did do something, I'd liketo honor his surverce. Anyone can Help

Name was
Christen Lee Laudenslager
1973? - 1980 /
From Halifax PA.
82nd Air Born

He won't even show me his DD-214

anyone else know whwere I can check on my brother, to find out what he has done, or not done....:scared:

thewookie
02-14-10, 08:18 PM
I think you, or anyone can do a FOIA on him and get the goods.

http://www.armyg1.army.mil/foia/default.asp

temarti
02-14-10, 08:54 PM
try this link as well:

http://www.homeofheroes.com/members/04_SS/siverstar.html

SGT7477
02-15-10, 07:58 AM
If you know the courthouse where he is registered would be a big help.

Riven37
02-15-10, 09:48 AM
Why do you feel he's lying ? Not many men win the Silver Star in fact, the first Marine to win one in Iraq did so as the first Marine to be awarded the silver star since the last Star won in Vietnam (Sorry his name not on hand).

It has taken me 40 years to allow myself to place my decoration on my office wall in my home, I just didn't want anyone to know what I did or din't do I felt ashamed of my service due to other reasons I will not state.

There is little you can do to check him out while he is still alive other than he showing you. After some searching the only Laudenslager I found was this one
Lautenslager, Earl W., (KIA), USA - Awarded: DSC - World War I...The High Personal Awards are kept close track of talk to your brother again if he continues to refuse your request tell him you will report him to the Federal Authorities it is a Federal Offence to ware or claim a recipient of high personal awarded decorations in a false manor. You can use this website for further info... personally I think he's BS'ing you

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1001.htm

My Brother has some stories about his service, He claims Bronze Star, and Silver Star, amoung others.
I do know he was Green Berret (Army), But he claimes he will never show his awards or medals., Hopw can I check on what my brother did, without ****ing my older brother off, Knowing him, he might just want to tell or display anything, and just move on.If He did do something, I'd liketo honor his surverce. Anyone can Help

Name was
Christen Lee Laudenslager
1973? - 1980 /
From Halifax PA.
82nd Air Born

He won't even show me his DD-214

anyone else know whwere I can check on my brother, to find out what he has done, or not done....:scared:

FistFu68
02-15-10, 10:06 AM
:evilgrin: Call Ft.Bragg ask for Ext.too the 82ND.Airborne HDQ'S Then ask them Very Politely too Speak too the Command SGT.MAJOR Of the Special Forces Warfare Bn. and explain the Sitrep too Him.He wiil give You an answer most Ricky Tic!!!:iwo:

SGT7477
02-15-10, 11:00 AM
Why do you feel he's lying ? Not many men win the Silver Star in fact, the first Marine to win one in Iraq did so as the first Marine to be awarded the silver star since the last Star won in Vietnam (Sorry his name not on hand).

It has taken me 40 years to allow myself to place my decoration on my office wall in my home, I just didn't want anyone to know what I did or din't do I felt ashamed of my service due to other reasons I will not state.

There is little you can do to check him out while he is still alive other than he showing you. After some searching the only Laudenslager I found was this one
Lautenslager, Earl W., (KIA), USA - Awarded: DSC - World War I...The High Personal Awards are kept close track of talk to your brother again if he continues to refuse your request tell him you will report him to the Federal Authorities it is a Federal Offence to ware or claim a recipient of high personal awarded decorations in a false manor. You can use this website for further info... personally I think he's BS'ing you

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1001.htm
The Silver Star has been awarded 97 times so far in Iraq and Afghanistan, 24 sailors and 73 Marines, I read a good book this past week on a tank commander a Marine who was awarded the Silver Star, GySgt Nick Popaditch the book was called Once a Marine, everyone serving or has served this is a good one, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
03-08-10, 02:59 AM
Unlikely he has a Silver or a Bronze Star from Vietnam. Since the 82nd Airborne was long gone from Vietnam by 1973, last unit leaving in 1969, to be exact. (A small Anti-Tank task force deployed to Vietnam in 1972, armed with TOW missiles, allegedly, but it's not mentioned on the 82nd's website from what I can see).

There is only one person with that last name listed as having won a Silver Star, and it's from WWII, in the "Home of Heroes" database. Consider this to be about 90 percent accurate.

There are, excepting Vietnam, only a very, very, few possible conflicts he could have taken part in during the time period indicated. His name is not listed on any database I could find or locate for the Mayaguez incident (Marines), the Iranian Hostage Rescue (all services) or any of the other incidents that might possibly have gotten him any decorations for valor.

Based ONLY on the information provided, I'd have to say that someone isn't telling the truth.

Lastly, I respect veterans who really have, "BTDT", most of them, unless you see them in uniform, don't have an 'I love me' wall filled with decorations. Fewer still talk about earning ANYthing, except perhaps the Purple Heart. Those that talk about earning various 'valor' awards, then get all weepy/refuse to talk any more/etc etc I find, almost without fail, are the posers amongst us. (There might be an exception someplace but I've yet to find one).

Lastly, you CAN get his service records. Under the freedom of information act, you can send to NARA for them for research, using his SSN. You'll get a redacted copy that will, at minimum, contain the information you seek (awards, locations of service, MOS).

Good luck.

Zulu 36
03-08-10, 07:12 AM
Unlikely he has a Silver or a Bronze Star from Vietnam. Since the 82nd Airborne was long gone from Vietnam by 1973, last unit leaving in 1969, to be exact. (A small Anti-Tank task force deployed to Vietnam in 1972, armed with TOW missiles, allegedly, but it's not mentioned on the 82nd's website from what I can see).

There is only one person with that last name listed as having won a Silver Star, and it's from WWII, in the "Home of Heroes" database. Consider this to be about 90 percent accurate.

There are, excepting Vietnam, only a very, very, few possible conflicts he could have taken part in during the time period indicated. His name is not listed on any database I could find or locate for the Mayaguez incident (Marines), the Iranian Hostage Rescue (all services) or any of the other incidents that might possibly have gotten him any decorations for valor.

Based ONLY on the information provided, I'd have to say that someone isn't telling the truth.

Lastly, I respect veterans who really have, "BTDT", most of them, unless you see them in uniform, don't have an 'I love me' wall filled with decorations. Fewer still talk about earning ANYthing, except perhaps the Purple Heart. Those that talk about earning various 'valor' awards, then get all weepy/refuse to talk any more/etc etc I find, almost without fail, are the posers amongst us. (There might be an exception someplace but I've yet to find one).

Lastly, you CAN get his service records. Under the freedom of information act, you can send to NARA for them for research, using his SSN. You'll get a redacted copy that will, at minimum, contain the information you seek (awards, locations of service, MOS).

Good luck.

First combat use of the TOW system was in 1972 in Vietnam as part of an experimental aerial TOW rig-up on Hueys. Their presence wasn't really a secret, at least not after NVA tanks at An Loc started blowing up. There was a detachment based at Bien Hoa where I was, so it isn't "alleged" any more. Saw them on the ground and also flying daily. :D

The flying TOW unit was it's own baby and was not attached to any major command such as the 82d. The were op-conned to someone in Vietnam (probably MACV), but owned by someone else in the States.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-10-10, 07:57 PM
Roger that! LOL. Good history lesson too!