PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Speech

SgtPatricksWife
02-13-10, 01:33 PM
I guarantee this is going to get deleted and I will get banned, just like you did to my husband who's a fellow active duty Marine, and used his freedom rights to stick up for me, his wife, just as a husband should do.

Personally I don't care. I have been around the USMC growing up, and never have I ever seen so much negative and ignorant people. My husband and all the other men and woman fighting for us right now are fight for our Freedom. Yet I go on a post that I did not know was not allowed for me to post on. And I'm insulted, and belittled. Being told to let my husband wear the stripes, and I need to get behind a vacuum. Calling me a C*nt and a B*tch, for no mature reason. Why because I said it's wrong to talk about Marine wives so negatively? It doesn't make sense to me.

Now-a-Days in the USMC, Spouses are a part of the Marine Corp Family, we are respected. At USMC ceremonies, we are given respect and appreciation for being a back bone to our men whom we LOVE. We deserve the same respect on these boards. I have NEVER been disrespected by anyone in the USMC, I've never been told I don't 'rate'. Have you forgotten the USMC Values?

Then to ban my husband for sticking up for me, because i was treated poorly? He was being a good husband. Because what happened did hurt. It makes me look at the USMC in a bad light. Luckily I know better, and I know how the people he has worked with and currently work with view me, and Family, and how important it is to them.

By banning him, and deleting anything i have ever posted anywhere besides the Marine Spouse Forum is just wrong. As long as I'm not yelling at people and being mean. And Not giving advice i should not be giving, i don't see what's so wrong about me posting something, relevant to something someone said.

I notice the Click's in here. Which is fine. We all have our friends that we stand by and support.

I realize i don't "rate" to post in here since i'm just so petty Marine Wife. But I know what I go through day in and day out not having my husband here. I know what my husband goes through, I support him and understand him. I understand the USMC comes first, and that's ok, because I am proud of my Marine. If he decided he wanted to reenlist, I will not stop him, because I know the love he has for our country and for the Marine Corps. No matter what i have to go through, I will stand proud Beside my Marine. I may not get to fight the war, or go through the real effect's that all of you men and woman do. But i understand them, and I work past them, and I do everything in my power to make sure My husband is taken care of and worry free while he's over there. I put his needs and Marine Corps needs before my own. The Marine is My life, since the day i met him. It's what i know. And you want to silence me, from stating my opinions. It's just wrong. These are the old day's. This is a new century. I respect ALL Marines. And Military Branches. Fact is, this is a WEBSITE, a website NOT government owned. Any private information should NOT be on this website. Your best bet to avoid any problems in the future is to make this for Marines, and Polee's. Don't allow wives, family, friend s or any others to sign up if we are not allowed to post, and use the rights everyone of you fight for.

This is not meant to be disrespectful. Trust me I am a VERY proud American, My father is a Vet. And he's my hero. I am SO THANKFUL for EVERYTHING you have done for us.

With that being said. God Bless. and you are all in my prayers EVERYDAY AND NIGHT.

Komenko
02-13-10, 01:38 PM
I guarantee this is going to get deleted and I will get banned, just like you did to my husband who's a fellow active duty Marine, and used his freedom rights to stick up for me, his wife, just as a husband should do.

Personally I don't care. I have been around the USMC growing up, and never have I ever seen so much negative and ignorant people. My husband and all the other men and woman fighting for us right now are fight for our Freedom. Yet I go on a post that I did not know was not allowed for me to post on. And I'm insulted, and belittled. Being told to let my husband wear the stripes, and I need to get behind a vacuum. Calling me a C*nt and a B*tch, for no mature reason. Why because I said it's wrong to talk about Marine wives so negatively? It doesn't make sense to me.

Now-a-Days in the USMC, Spouses are a part of the Marine Corp Family, we are respected. At USMC ceremonies, we are given respect and appreciation for being a back bone to our men whom we LOVE. We deserve the same respect on these boards. I have NEVER been disrespected by anyone in the USMC, I've never been told I don't 'rate'. Have you forgotten the USMC Values?

Then to ban my husband for sticking up for me, because i was treated poorly? He was being a good husband. Because what happened did hurt. It makes me look at the USMC in a bad light. Luckily I know better, and I know how the people he has worked with and currently work with view me, and Family, and how important it is to them.

By banning him, and deleting anything i have ever posted anywhere besides the Marine Spouse Forum is just wrong. As long as I'm not yelling at people and being mean. And Not giving advice i should not be giving, i don't see what's so wrong about me posting something, relevant to something someone said.

I notice the Click's in here. Which is fine. We all have our friends that we stand by and support.

I realize i don't "rate" to post in here since i'm just so petty Marine Wife. But I know what I go through day in and day out not having my husband here. I know what my husband goes through, I support him and understand him. I understand the USMC comes first, and that's ok, because I am proud of my Marine. If he decided he wanted to reenlist, I will not stop him, because I know the love he has for our country and for the Marine Corps. No matter what i have to go through, I will stand proud Beside my Marine. I may not get to fight the war, or go through the real effect's that all of you men and woman do. But i understand them, and I work past them, and I do everything in my power to make sure My husband is taken care of and worry free while he's over there. I put his needs and Marine Corps needs before my own. The Marine is My life, since the day i met him. It's what i know. And you want to silence me, from stating my opinions. It's just wrong. These are the old day's. This is a new century. I respect ALL Marines. And Military Branches. Fact is, this is a WEBSITE, a website NOT government owned. Any private information should NOT be on this website. Your best bet to avoid any problems in the future is to make this for Marines, and Polee's. Don't allow wives, family, friend s or any others to sign up if we are not allowed to post, and use the rights everyone of you fight for.

This is not meant to be disrespectful. Trust me I am a VERY proud American, My father is a Vet. And he's my hero. I am SO THANKFUL for EVERYTHING you have done for us.

With that being said. God Bless. and you are all in my prayers EVERYDAY AND NIGHT.

:thumbup::thumbup: I agree with you, just sad that some view women the way like how you were treated. bet they won't treat their mothers like that!

SgtPatricksWife
02-13-10, 01:54 PM
Thank you! I most certainly agree that they wouldn't talk to or about there mothers like that.

That does mean's a lot. I was embarrassed, and belittled then silenced. All of my post's were deleted, among a few others, but i was the only one told in the deletion that I don't rate (which i've seen before) but I don't feel i deserved that nor was it right. That was a low blow.

GySgtRet
02-13-10, 02:02 PM
Your point is very well put. I am not sure why your husband was banned for supporting and sticking up for his wife? I sepent 20 years in my beloved Marine Corps without the support of my family to include any Marines that I served with would have been difficult but manageable. Some feel that family, specifically "wives" are warm and fuzzy thing...!!! I for one do not look at a wife this way. I look at a wife that does and should have input to a Marine's life in the Corps becasue this also is the life sometimes chosen for a potential Marine spouse sometimes unknown to the new spouse to be how life will take them. I hate to see these marriages take a bad turn but it does happen from time to time. It takes a very special lady to be a Marine spouse.

Ladies I salute you all for putting up with and supporting us all.

Gunny out
Semper Fi
:usmc:

egbutler1
02-13-10, 02:21 PM
That makes me want to vomit, hearing that you were treated like that. I have been seeing a lot of this stuff going on around here and its not right. This place used to be high up on my list of great places to go and talk to my brothers but now it has slowly taken a turn towards everything high school drama. I would like to apologize for whom ever treated you like that and it is just not right. Semper Fi!

SgtPatricksWife
02-13-10, 02:29 PM
Thank You! That is why i felt the need to write this, since the one my husband wrote was deleted.

That makes me want to vomit, hearing that you were treated like that. I have been seeing a lot of this stuff going on around here and its not right. This place used to be high up on my list of great places to go and talk to my brothers but now it has slowly taken a turn towards everything high school drama. I would like to apologize for whom ever treated you like that and it is just not right. Semper Fi!

SgtPatricksWife
02-13-10, 02:31 PM
Aw Thank you! and very well put! =)

Your point is very well put. I am not sure why your husband was banned for supporting and sticking up for his wife? I sepent 20 years in my beloved Marine Corps without the support of my family to include any Marines that I served with would have been difficult but manageable. Some feel that family, specifically "wives" are warm and fuzzy thing...!!! I for one do not look at a wife this way. I look at a wife that does and should have input to a Marine's life in the Corps becasue this also is the life sometimes chosen for a potential Marine spouse sometimes unknown to the new spouse to be how life will take them. I hate to see these marriages take a bad turn but it does happen from time to time. It takes a very special lady to be a Marine spouse.

Ladies I salute you all for putting up with and supporting us all.

Gunny out
Semper Fi
:usmc:

Lisa 23
02-13-10, 02:38 PM
Thank You! That is why i felt the need to write this, since the one my husband wrote was deleted.

I'm not taking any sides here, but if a thread was deleted, a new one shouldn't be started. It's against the site rules.

Forum Rules and Etiquette
General Forum Etiquette

4. If a forum thread is closed, a similiar thread should not be openned. Likewise one shouldn't post a thread to query why it is closed, this should be asked to forum moderator with a private message.

10. If a thread is closed by forum administation, you can not create a new thread about the same subject or any thread questioning why thread is closed. Such questions should be pointed to site administration privately.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/view_info_forumrules.htm

SgtPatricksWife
02-13-10, 02:49 PM
My post is about freedom of speech. I just simply stated my story in efforts to show people the way this forum is ran, Only Marines have the right to voice any opinion, all others just don't "Rate". Unless they are in the one forum named for them. I was really hurt by what was said and done in that former thread. And Then I was silenced. I am tired of you throwing rules in my face. I have read ALL of the rules since the incident, I am very much aware of them, and what they say, I still feel I did nothing to deserve being called what i was called or to even have been silenced. (No Disrespect) but its how i feel.

BR34
02-13-10, 03:09 PM

Not really sure what happened with you and others here but I and my wife definitely agree with this statement. Without my wife I wouldn't be able to do anything that I do for the Marine Corps. She holds down the fort when I'm ranglin' Indians. In my house I'm the MGysgt and my wife is the Sgt Maj! :thumbup:

Semper Fi to you.

Lisa 23
02-13-10, 03:10 PM
First let me say....I do have respect for ALL miltary spouses.....male and female.

Now....all I can say is that the rules where put there for a reason. I'm just pointing them out. No need to get pi$$ed at me.
And again, I'm not taking sides here and not looking for an argument, but it does say that Leatherneck is a Marine Corps Community for USMC Veterans.

You said your husband started a thread on this and it got deleted. Well, if it got deleted, it got deleted for a reason and it's not allowed to start another one.

If you have a problem with what someone said to you, then you should have reported it. Each post has a "report button" in it.

SgtPatricksWife
02-13-10, 03:20 PM
WMarine - I am sorry if I sounded angry, but as humans we all get frustrated at times. Yes it does say that, so if that is the case, then they should not allow anyone but USMC Vets. But instead they opened it up for Active, Spouses, Friends, and Future Marines. If that were the case also, they should not allow Active to post either.

Rules are rules, and I am doing my best to follow them. Yes my husband posted a bulletin similar regarding me. But Mine is about how it's not right to keep us quiet just because we don't "rate".

The Mod saw what was said (i didnt realize there was a report button--Now I do), and took out my posts, and a few others who were't marines, but decided to leave all the nasty ones up there. and Decided to tell me yet again that I don't rate.

So No matter what whether i would have reported it or not. It wouldn't have been fairly taken care of.

GSEMarine94
02-13-10, 03:44 PM
For clarification the thread was not deleted it was moved to the hooch.

DanM
02-13-10, 06:49 PM
There is no "freedom of speech" gauantee here,this forum is a private enterprise.The owner of the forum decides in the rules what is permissable.

usmchauer
02-13-10, 07:17 PM
There is no "freedom of speech" gauantee here,this forum is a private enterprise.The owner of the forum decides in the rules what is permissable.

Exactly. We all have the choice to leave if we don't like it here. If enough people jump ship because they're being censored, or victims of some type of injustice the moderators will remedy the situation, or they'll have a forum with no members!

Do these disputes arise often enough that either of these things will happen? Not in my eyes.