PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle race team name

1stRad2671
02-12-10, 04:06 PM
I am currently making arrangements to race in the Supersport races at the Isle of Man TT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT) this year. I'm trying to come up with a good team name and a Marine Corps-themed name is a possibility. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Last year I was sponsored by a Devil Dawg Cycles and since I'm no longer affiliated with them I'd like to avoid the whole devil dog thing.

Rocky C
02-12-10, 04:19 PM
You can PM the Boss here Jerry.
Jerry sponsors USMC Race Cars.
There is a Whole Thread with Pictures.
Here it is.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64563

Leatherneck sounds Good to me.

Good Luck.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

ecfree
02-12-10, 04:41 PM
I am currently making arrangements to race in the Supersport races at the Isle of Man TT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT) this year. I'm trying to come up with a good team name and a Marine Corps-themed name is a possibility. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Last year I was sponsored by a Devil Dawg Cycles and since I'm no longer affiliated with them I'd like to avoid the whole devil dog thing.
How about "THE FIGHTING LEATHERNECKS"....:evilgrin:

SGT7477
02-12-10, 04:45 PM
How about "THE FIGHTING LEATHERNECKS"....:evilgrin:
Sounds good to me, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

polizei
02-12-10, 06:06 PM
How about Semper Gumby? Lol

SaloSV
02-13-10, 08:05 PM
Holy smokes! You're actually going to race in the TT? Dood...

I'm an MSF instructor, and sport bike rider. That race is the end-all of GP racing. Did you happen to hear Rossi's comments on the event last year? It's amazing what you guys do on those roads.

Personally, I like "Jarheads." It's taking the negative, and turning it into a positive. Then of course, I was an 0311 so I tend to like "Grunts." I could come up with a few more but I'm not sure any of these are slick enough for a racing team name.

1stRad2671
02-16-10, 04:05 PM
Leathernecks Racing it will be. In a few weeks I should get confirmation about whether my entry was accepted. In the meantime I need to track down some flight suits, cheaper the better, to be worn by my pit crew in order to meet the 'flame retardant overalls' requirement.

My crew chief is a former Marine as well. He's huge now, I hope they make flight suits his size.

Rocky C
02-16-10, 04:08 PM
Leathernecks Racing it will be. In a few weeks I should get confirmation about whether my entry was accepted. In the meantime I need to track down some flight suits, cheaper the better, to be worn by my pit crew in order to meet the 'flame retardant overalls' requirement.

My crew chief is a former Marine as well. He's huge now, I hope they make flight suits his size.

EXCELLENT !!!:thumbup::D.
I've been waiting for the word.

Good Luck and Semper Fi Brother,
Rocky

02-16-10, 04:11 PM
I'd probly name the team, "MotoMarines," or something of the sort, with Moto in there somewhere. 'Course, I raced motocross, back in the day. :marine:

polizei
02-16-10, 06:29 PM
Ah, why not "Motards" or "Motards R Us" lol.

Semper Fi, good luck!

USMCM38A1
02-16-10, 07:19 PM
Jar Head Jet Bikes

cplwatson2dsrig
02-16-10, 08:22 PM
Black sheep Racing, Grunt works, Rick Shaw Racing, Iron Mike Racing, Sarubachi Racing, I can go all day.

I work for a Grand Am road racing team, named Freedom Autosports. We run 2 Mazda Mx5's and 2 Mazdaspeed 3's. The team Is very Marine orientated, we have the EGA on the hoods of the cars and on the transport rig, with Old Glory and the Marine Corp's standards flying proudly above the rig.
The team donates any revenue from merchandise sales to the wounded warrior fund.
Also the team owner's brother is active duty CH-53 pilot, that just came off orders of being the XO for 2nd ANGLICO.
I will post pictures from the 24hr Daytona weekend, as soon as I get them from the photographer.

Best of luck,
Semper Fi

FistFu68
02-16-10, 09:22 PM
:usmc: GREEN MACHINE :usmc: :iwo: