PDA

View Full Version : quick question about my enlistment

randy1992
02-11-10, 06:57 PM
Hey there Marines i am about to sign my contract with the core put i had some questions so i ask my recruiter if i can retake my asvab to get a 50
and he was like i dont know if u should take it u mite not pass u mite get a lower score and have to wait 6 months to retake it :( put i want to pick 0311 i got a 32 on my asvab put iam not sure if in 0311 i will be able to pick up so college credits. if any Marine can answer this for me it will be greatly appreciated thank you. :nerd:

Lisa 23
02-11-10, 07:20 PM
It's Corps, not core.

Minimum Waiting Times

ASVAB tests are valid for two years, as long as you are not in the military. In most cases, once your join the military, your ASVAB scores remain valid as long as you are in. In other words, except in a few cases, you can use your enlistment ASVAB scores to qualify for retraining years later.
After you take an initial ASVAB test (taking the ASVAB in high school does not count as an initial test), you can retake the test after 30 days. After the retest, you must wait at least six months before taking the ASVAB again.

When you retake the ASVAB, it’s not your highest score that counts, but rather the score on your latest test. If you score lower on the retest, that is the score which will be used for your military enlistment.

When you can/cannot re-take the test
The bad news is that you can’t retake the ASVAB on a whim or whenever you simply feel like it. Each of the services has its own rules concerning whether or not they will allow a retest:

Marine Corps: The Marine Corps will authorize a retest if the applicant’s previous test is expired. Otherwise, recruiters can request a retest as long as the retesting is being required because the initial scores (considering the applicant's education, training, and experience) do not appear to reflect his or her true capability. Additionally, the retest cannot be requested solely because the applicants initial test scores did not meet the standards prescribed for specific military job qualification.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/asvabretest.htm

randy1992
02-11-10, 08:03 PM
thank you very much and i apologize for miss spelling it i know something was wrong.