PDA

View Full Version : SMCR Discharge paperwork (HELP!)

jaymallow
02-11-10, 01:54 PM
Currently I'm a former SMCR Marine attempting to re-enlist in the Army full time. (I tried to re-enlist in the Marines but was told by my local recruiter that they weren't taking any prior service...

azdevildogg
02-21-10, 09:52 PM
Hey Jay, <br />
<br />
I'm also a prior SMCR Marine myself and the only thing I received was a DD214 (from basic/MCT/MOS and my 6 months on Recruiting Assistance). When I spoke with an Army recruiter way back...

SaloSV
02-23-10, 12:17 AM
Been running into the same issue, although I have spoken to any recruiters in depth yet. I just went ahead and requested ALL records be delivered to me. I had to send in two requests: one to National Archives in St. Louis, and then one to MCHQ since (I think) my separation from the reserves was post 1/1/1999 by a couple of months.

We'll see what happens, but I want to get everything I can first so there won't be any questions when I walk into the recruiters or OSO's office.

azdevildogg
02-23-10, 12:23 AM
That's right where I'm at right now. Just a little FYI: <br />
<br />
1) You'll want to get your med records straight from the VA. You'll have to put in a request through them...it took me about 2 months to...