PDA

View Full Version : Marine who shook infant sentenced to nine years

thedrifter
08-30-03, 06:14 AM
Marine who shook infant sentenced to nine years

SIGNONSANDIEGO NEWS SERVICES
5:51 p.m. August 27, 2003

SAN DIEGO – A former Marine who repeatedly shook his 7-week-old daughter out of frustration, causing a serious brain injury that may prevent her from ever walking, was sentenced today to nine years in state prison.

Joshua Zubrod, 22, pleaded guilty to child endangerment causing great bodily injury.

Defense attorney Kevin Milmoe, arguing for probation, told Superior Court Judge William Mudd that Zubrod had no parenting skills and couldn't deal with his screaming baby.

"He made a tremendous error, and regrets it to this day," Milmoe told the judge. "If he goes to state prison, he'll probably come out worse than he went in."

But Deputy District Attorney Tracy Prior said Zubrod shook the baby repeatedly until she was 42 days old, causing 11 broken bones, including ribs, two broken clavicles and a broken femur, and a severe head injury, damaging all sides of the brain.

The now 10-month-old has cerebral palsy and is subject to seizures, Prior told the judge. She said the defendant condemned his child "to a life of horror."

"She will never be normal," Prior said. "She may never learn how to walk. He robbed his own daughter of a normal childhood."

Mudd said probation is out of the question for the "outrageous conduct."

"I, in good conscience, cannot put you back in the community for what you did," the judge said. "You have taken away the life of a person, although she continues to breathe. Seldom have I seen such incredible damage to such a small child."

Mudd said he wasn't buying the argument that adults don't understand how fragile babies are. He said the message should go out to people who shake or strike babies that "you're going to do severe harm."

Zubrod was arrested last December, after doctors examining the baby found several suspicious fractures, then notified authorities.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20030827-1751-marinesentence.html

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

clint
08-30-03, 08:36 AM
If he thinks he will come out worse then keep his sorry A** in there till he dies.

Barrio_rat
08-30-03, 11:03 AM
Baby killers ain't looked at too fondly in prison - much like rapists and child molesters... He may very well be in until he dies.

Devildogg4ever
08-31-03, 07:21 AM
Defense attorney Kevin Milmoe, arguing for probation, told Superior Court Judge William Mudd that Zubrod had no parenting skills and couldn't deal with his screaming baby. How does shaking a child repeatedly make that child become quiet, unless you injure or kill them?? He will find out in prison how they can't deal with adults hurting or killing children! Been my child, they would be burying the SOB!!!!

marine5
09-20-03, 10:33 PM
Death is to good for him...
Torture than Death maybe...

Glad whom ever wrote the first article called him...
a "FORMER MARINE"....

Hope that they give him a cell mate
with the name of "BUBBA"...

Apache
09-21-03, 11:11 AM
May this sick person find an end to his problems

ggyoung
08-07-06, 01:33 PM
Bet he's out in 3.5 years. Then it will probley happen all over again.

marinegreen
08-07-06, 01:45 PM
Oh man this sickens me to the core, He's no longer a MARINE/VET/EX or whatever else.This sorry excuse of placenta will get his in the pen when bubba and some of the others find out what he did,get ready to swallow mouth fulls and maybe recieve several stiches in your back door area you piece of dog excrement.

maverickmarine
08-07-06, 02:01 PM
I almost didn't eyeball this post because of the title but then chose to because of it. My daughter was shaking by a woman we trusted to look after her while we were working and I found out something was wrong when my daughter had a seizure out of the blue one morning before I went to work. So, we took her down to the ER and she had not one but two subdural bleeds. But regardless of what evidence we had as far as timeframes and specific times that hindsight being 20/20 were obvious something was going on, we couldn't prove it and the chicken **** D.A. didn't pursue her. It took everything I had not put rounds down range but at the begging of my wife and family I didn't do so. Thankfully my daughter is good to go with no permanent damage but it makes me sick when I think of someone doing that to their child and that much more so that the puke was in my Marine Corps.

sgtofrifleman
08-07-06, 02:44 PM
Leave him in there til he dies or somebody should shake him until he turns out the same way. Can we get his address to send him some KY Lube? HEHEHE

Semper Fi

Camper51
08-07-06, 02:57 PM
F*ck the KY lube, let em have him nice n dry..... I have known a few hardened cons in my life and it seems that the one constant hate is towards anyone who harms kids. Be it a pedophile or a child abuser he will probably have to be kept segregated in prison for his own safety (too bad, huh!!)...

marinegreen
08-07-06, 03:05 PM
I almost didn't eyeball this post because of the title but then chose to because of it. My daughter was shaking by a woman we trusted to look after her while we were working and I found out something was wrong when my daughter had a seizure out of the blue one morning before I went to work. So, we took her down to the ER and she had not one but two subdural bleeds. But regardless of what evidence we had as far as timeframes and specific times that hindsight being 20/20 were obvious something was going on, we couldn't prove it and the chicken **** D.A. didn't pursue her. It took everything I had not put rounds down range but at the begging of my wife and family I didn't do so. Thankfully my daughter is good to go with no permanent damage but it makes me sick when I think of someone doing that to their child and that much more so that the puke was in my Marine Corps.

Thank God bro !! a person cant trust anyone anymore in this sic world we've created.Best to have hidden cameras in your home at all times.Plez,Plez tell me you did some type of tap dance on her forehead:devious: ,juz dont think I could have let it go bro, HOPEFULLY you put the word out on thIS sorry excuse. Again glad to hear baby girl is alright. SF

outlaw3179
08-07-06, 03:09 PM
Thats good to hear Maverick....Semper Fi...I have no idea where you get your ability not to slay that fu*ker but Ive got 2 little boys. Anyone ever hurts them I dont know if I would be so patient and disciplined.

Mike McIntyre
08-07-06, 03:11 PM
This happened to my nephew 17 years ago. Baby sitter did it but it could not be proven. She is out free and he is severely retarded. Sick thing is, this is more common than you would think.

maverickmarine
08-07-06, 03:22 PM
Well, I actually came closer than you think but everyone told me that I would be ruining my life to revenge for my daughter and then wouldn't be there for her etc...So, I sucked it up and just made sure she wasn't anywhere around my A.O. I knew if I came in contact there would be call for fire. I did put the word out and did all the stupid **** that you have to do when you can't just go get some! I even called each of the other parents directly and she lost some business but, last I heard she is still in business.

luvmipapa
08-07-06, 05:28 PM
Strip him naked,cover body with honey/molasses, stake spreadeagle 100 feet from nearest aint mound in SW AZ desert, set viedo camera up, turn on and walk away.

luvmipapa
08-07-06, 05:29 PM
Sorry fingers aren't what they used to be. ANT

Zulu 36
08-07-06, 05:31 PM
Shaken baby syndrome is pretty darned common, sad to say. It doesn't take much to cause it either. Cops do not like those cases at all. <br />
<br />
One of my detectives worked a case of SBS where the baby...

rktect3j
08-07-06, 05:32 PM
Having a three year old and now my wife being 7 months pregnant I have been trying to avoid reading this thread. Too late now. So I guess my thoughts are to have the bastard drawn and quartered. Simple yet effective.