PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice From Marines

wrestlingacm
02-11-10, 09:02 AM
I need some help from Marines. I have been pulled back and forth by different Marines and family members about what to do. You see im a State Wrestler and a National Grecko and Freestyle wrestler. I have been studying MMA for almost eight years now and was a kickboxing champion. The reason I tell you that is im being pulled to ways by Marines and family members and friends. My recruiter and my Marine friends all want me to join and its been one of my dreams since i was little. But some friends and family and even some Marines think other wise and want me to persue a fighting carreer. I believe that the Marines will only further my skills and mental toughness some dissagree and usually i tell them to f-uck off pardon my french but i want to listen to some Marines opinions. and also i cant get this Army Recruiter to stop shoving this Ranger School stuff down my throat. Just Need Some advice

"Hard work beats talent. When talent fails to work hard"

awbrown1462
02-11-10, 09:04 AM
do what you think is best for you and is in your heart. if you want the name Marine go for it if unsure maybe you don't want it that bad and should go for the fighting

ameriken
02-11-10, 09:36 AM
I agree with awbrown. Search your heart and do what you really want.

You dont want to look back 20 or 30 years from now regretting your choice because you did what someone else wanted you to do.

BR34
02-11-10, 10:20 AM
its been one of my dreams since i was little.

Well there ya go.

tdrt
02-11-10, 11:52 AM
Do some digging but I think there still is a Marine wrestling team. When I was in during the 80's, we had a Marine wrestling team and they trained at Quantico. Many of them qualified for the Olympics. I remember one year, we hosted an international wrestling tournament and had teams from Germany, Italy, Finland, Turkey and others compete.

Now, I've been out for 17 years so I don't know if they still have one but definately check it out!!

tdrt
02-11-10, 12:36 PM
So what is it: fighter or wrestling? Don't about the fighting, but I did some checking and yep, we have an interantional wrestling team. Check out this link: http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MARADMIN0037-09.aspx

You can have it all, you know.

mErKtWiSt
02-11-10, 02:33 PM
well there ya go man, lots of great advice. I think its mainly on what your passionate about. Honestly i would probably give the wrestling/fighting a shot since you would be in your prime right now. If that doesnt work out or if its not really making you happy or satisfied give the Marine Corps a shot. It can go the other way too. Join the Marine Corps and see if you like it and if not you can do your 4 or 5 years and pursue the fighting career. As for the Army Recruiter just ask him if hed like to catch a movie and have dinner with you i bet you he will stop calling you lol im joking on that but just tell him your not interested in the Army.

ameriken
02-11-10, 02:49 PM
As for the Army Recruiter just ask him if hed like to catch a movie and have dinner with you i bet you he will stop calling you

I was thinking the army recruiter would probably say yes, lol, yuck.

Rocky C
02-11-10, 02:54 PM
I agree with awbrown. Search your heart and do what you really want.

You dont want to look back 20 or 30 years from now regretting your choice because you did what someone else wanted you to do.

:thumbup: Some Good Advice Right There!!!

polizei
02-11-10, 04:45 PM
Do whatever you want. Regret is forever though. Besides, it's only 4-5 years if you decide to get out. There would be plenty of time for you to workout, etc. I'm sure you can even still fight while in.

wrestlingacm
02-11-10, 08:36 PM
Thanks Marines you guys have been a ton of help. I just need to do what i wanna do and deep down i know i want to be a Marine and the best i can be. More than all that. Its just whats in my heart thanks Marines