PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion on Pat Robertson

KobraWun
02-10-10, 07:38 PM
He was an Officer during the Korean War. Now he is some kind of televangelist or something.

I watched a video of him saying that the recent earthquake in Haiti was "caused by God" because the Haitians supposedly made a pact with the devil to liberate themselves from French oppression during their War of Independence. He said that the quake was "God's wrath" and that the Haitians deserved the quake and the resulting deaths.

Obviously, this is all BS, but out of curiousity, how do you Marines feel about a former Marine Officer like Robertson saying something like this? Would you put him in the same category as men like John Murtha?

Religious nutjobs like this guy really get under my skin, and the fact that he is a former Marine bothers me even more. Guys like Robertson probably know that what they spew is BS, they are just saying it for the publicity and the money.

What do you guys think on this?

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
02-10-10, 07:52 PM
Senility causes folks to say strange things and you have to remember the 700 Club is way down in the ratings.

He hasn't sunk to Murtha's level though.

Lisa 23
02-10-10, 07:56 PM
The purpose of the Ask A Marine forum is to allow those who are aspiring to join the U.S. Marine Corps to ask questions regarding this career choice, not to take up religious or polital debates.
You are here to concentrate on being a Marine.