PDA

View Full Version : USAF wanting to deploy with USMC

ballew03
02-10-10, 06:56 PM
hello, i'm currently in the USAF and for my next deployment i'm really trying to get a Joint Tasking, my enlistment is up in 2 years and i've got my heart set on reenlisting with the Marine Corps.

My question is does anyone know if there are taskings for USAF supply troops with USMC? I know we can get attached to the Army but if at all possible i'd really like to get attached to the Marine Corps. The Air Force is nice and all but I don't like sitting inside the wire and just accepting the fact that i'm still alive after an IDF. I want to get out there and find out who did it and destroy the enemy before they can kill anymore of our Brothers in Arms.

Also if anyone can give me some insight to switching from USAF to USMC, all i hear is..."you're crazy and you're gonna die". I'd like the hear the good stuff for once.

ARTYPIG
02-10-10, 07:00 PM
"You're Crazy and gonna die!!" lol

echo3oscar1833
02-10-10, 07:02 PM
Yep your screwed, stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse good bye. Semper Fi!!!!!:D:D:D

Wheels123
02-10-10, 07:02 PM
Don't know of any USAF supply troop MOS that exists in our Corps. Anyone else ever hear of one?

echo3oscar1833
02-10-10, 07:04 PM
Yeah I don't have an answer for your question dude, sorry bro. However you did give me some humor. Semper!!:D:marine:

egbutler1
02-10-10, 07:23 PM
Don't know of any USAF supply troop MOS that exists in our Corps. Anyone else ever hear of one? When I was in Iraq we didn't have them attached to us, but their EOD always came to us and help us out with IED's. Other than that I never saw em' outside the wire.

egbutler1
02-10-10, 07:26 PM
Also if anyone can give me some insight to switching from USAF to USMC, all i hear is..."you're crazy and you're gonna die". I'd like the hear the good stuff for once.
Well you are aware that you will have to go threw Boot Camp and give up your ChairForce rank. Basically you'll be starting from 0, expect your time in service but that will only count towards retirement, and yes we area all a bunch of crazy mother f uckers but we are smart about it, whom ever said that to you punch em' in the face.

Wheels123
02-10-10, 07:30 PM
We have an Air Force Captain working in our S-4 shop. She is some sort of a liason, I am not sure exactly what her purpose is though. She was brought in about a month ago and we never had anyone here before her as a liason.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-10, 08:26 PM
The only way you'll get to do this is by a joint assignment, probably with an air wing unit. Odds are highly unlikely though.

As far as coming over to the 'green' side, it's not that much of an issue, but you'll be (as has been stated) pretty much starting over.

Danny C Smith
02-14-10, 09:41 AM
Just my opinion but I believe that
Marine Corps is a state of mind that begins even befor enlistment.
The Eagle Globe and Anchor have been branded on my mind's eye
from a very young age. 6 years old to be exact.
It started long befor my enlistment.
Your first choice was Air Force. May want to stick with it.
You will be completely starting over.
I do admire you for wanting to go Marine Corps though.
Just listen to all advice you get from Marines active duty or not.
We know.
Good luck.

Smitty:usmc:

SaloSV
02-14-10, 09:54 AM
My baby sis just graduated Air Force BMT last weekend, and I know there are more efforts in AF and MC joint tasking. So I'd say it wouldn't hurt to keeping asking around until you find what you're looking for.

On the one hand, I can see how it would be difficult to go through your current command since they have a need for you and don't want to let you go. On the other hand, if you know anyone in country, you might make an attempt to contact them.

My .02, take it as salt though. Whatever happens, pull your jock strap up, boot camp is no cake walk. MC is the only service that I am aware of who does not accept any basic training served from other branches, just to reiterate what has been said above.

mjhpgh
02-14-10, 10:28 AM
There may be some AF Reserves IMA positions out there that work with Marines . Most of the type of positions you are looking for are for officers .

lstampa
02-20-10, 02:06 PM
Don't know of any USAF supply troop MOS that exists in our Corps. Anyone else ever hear of one?

In Iraq the EOD team we were doing security for had a Air Force guy with them that went out on every mission we did.

ARTYPIG
02-20-10, 02:15 PM
In my response to wheels about the AF Officer in the 4 shop, think about it, it is Supply and Logistics, they supply her for Morale and Welfare! (LOL)