PDA

View Full Version : Is it true...

Phoenix27
02-10-10, 05:43 PM
That if I sign for intel, become trained as intel and get deployed, that I'll be sent in with the grunts just because?

I've been hearing this from a lot of people, and I'm not jumping to believe it but I do what some answers with people who have experience with it.

Honest answers please and thank you Marines.

Rocky C
02-10-10, 05:53 PM
Not True!!! But it is the need of The " Corps " that comes first but Very, Very, Highly unlikely........

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-10, 09:44 PM
It depends on billet vacancies and where you are needed the most. If Infantry battalions are where you are needed...then that's where you'll go.

WalkingMan
02-11-10, 05:29 AM
That if I sign for intel, become trained as intel and get deployed, that I'll be sent in with the grunts just because?

I've been hearing this from a lot of people, and I'm not jumping to believe it but I do what some answers with people who have experience with it.

Honest answers please and thank you Marines.

If you're a Marine, you go where the Marine Corps sends you.

Being at the pointy end of the spear, grunts are geographically in a good position to gather 'boots on the ground' intel.

I would guess that a newbie would get broken in from the ground up, so it would seem logical that an intel newbie would be assigned to the most basic types of intel gathering first, and work his/her way up the knowledge chain.

Of course, if an individual had demonstrated some extreme degree of skill in the field, it might benefit the Corp to make an exception, but generally, in all fields, people tend to start at the bottom, and work their way up.

mercury2671
02-11-10, 08:17 AM
It also depends on what kind of "Intel" your talking about. I don't know much about the 0200 field, but us 2600's are on alot of the patrols and operations with the grunts. We aren't "thrown in" with the grunts but operating beside them and helping them out.