PDA

View Full Version : Medical question

jake242
02-10-10, 12:48 PM
Hello Marines, I am currently a senior in college and have been considering the Marines for quite sometime now. I met with an Officer selection recruiter in Lansing, MI to get an idea of what OCS would be like but am thinking I would rather go the Enlisted route if I did join. However, I have kind of an awkward situation on my hands and I may as well throw it out there. I found out last year that I have a couple internal hemorrhoids. I have read other forum topics on this and have seen that

"Current hemorrhoid (internal or external), when large, symptomatic, or with a history of bleeding (455) within the last 60 days, is disqualifying."

Now mine are not large or symptomatic and I know I could get surgery to remove the problem but would having a past history of a surgical treatment for hemorrhoids disqualify me? I just want to know because I really don't want to be in the middle of boot camp and potentially be in extreme pain from all the physical activity when I could get them removed by surgery. That would literally be a pain in the ***...I apologize for putting this picture in all of your heads lol. I feel just as awkward talking about it. Thanks for any help!!

Lisa 23
02-10-10, 01:06 PM
Jake, how about taking the time to fill out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to anwer your questions, know who they are talking to. :thumbup: You may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums, too.

jake242
02-10-10, 02:47 PM
My apologies, profile is filled out.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-10, 09:38 PM
On this one, I'd check with a recruiter. This is likely above our ability to help you with I'm afraid.

Phantom Blooper
02-10-10, 09:59 PM
Damn....this could really be a pain in the azz......

I think also you need to ask the recruiter.....but only if you are having active flare ups at that time of MEPS you will be DQ...but as suggested see a recruiter....and stop by Wally World and get you some Preparation H.

:evilgrin:

jake242
02-11-10, 02:01 PM
Good deal. I appreciate the help!!