PDA

View Full Version : When do you go for the Physical

echo3oscar1833
02-08-10, 11:10 PM
So I filed my claim last year, for comp with the VA, it was around Nov 2009. I was told by my local VA Rep who helped me with all my paper work that I had to go to Iowa City VA Hospital for a Physical sometime. So far I have received paperwork from the VA telling me they have my military, and civilian medical documentation to move forward. All of my medical evidence from military, and civilian life afterward is complete. So if this is in order how come I havn't heard anything about a Physical yet. Should I got to my VA Reps office and inquire or just keep waiting. Semper Fi:marine:

Phantom Blooper
02-08-10, 11:29 PM
In my expeirence...I would be patient and wait.

The caseload that the VA has is growing daily.

There may be a backlog in the region that you are in.

If you want to talk to someone...call your rep....don't call the VA.

It is sometimes better to let the third party inquire about somethings.

Also keep in mind that all the government entities that you are dealing with have the caseloads and backlogs....but are working 5 days a week....8-4:30 with lunch and breaks....if your off for snow and inclement weather...so are they...and they are off holidays and weekends.

To review one case and set up the appointment may not seem hard....but it also has to go to about five different desks to be signed off on before it hits the mailroom...

And if one of those people are out sick....it sits until they come back....or they get someone to replace that person that is handling that department.....also like any other job....if you walk the halls of a federal building or a VA hospital there are more employees in the halls smoking and joking than there are vets and veteran patients.....you are getting into a new realm of hurry up................................................ ... and wait!:evilgrin:

echo3oscar1833
02-08-10, 11:33 PM
K thanks I will go to my Rep, and talk to him. He probably can call the right people. I would probably screw something up hahaha :D

Phantom Blooper
02-08-10, 11:45 PM
Also the caseload is backed because of the war and returning veterans.....but because of the economy....veterans that didn't want or didn't think they rated are coming out of the hills,swamps,cities and mountains to put in claims to offset the economic collapse of the wallet.....after speaking to somebody or reconsidering their priorities.

With deepest and up most respect to our WW II veterans.....even though we are losing them daily in record numbers.....the VA did not prepare for the veterans living as long as they are....then the Korean,Vietnam,Cold War and now the Middle East is overwhelming the system....

And it's not a handout...veterans paid the dues...to get what is owed to them.

So just hang in there your in line to get you due.:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-10, 02:48 AM
Only in November? Oh, man you've got a ways to wait. Do NOT call the VA. You'll just have to be patient. My claim went in, in September and I've gotten a few letters (including the 'We have your paperwork') and 'We have your records, please be patient'.

A wait of 8-10 months is NORMAL for your first claim. Sad but true.