PDA

View Full Version : Need help

jacobk
02-08-10, 07:23 PM
my fiancee and i have recently joined the Marine Corps. I joined back on October 1st, and she enlisted the first of February. Shes reserves and I am active. We want to get married but we don't know if we should before we go to boot camp, or after. Also, we have different ship dates. She leaves in May, and i leave in August. So we don't know how its going to work, and if we do marry, could we get stationed near or at the same base? And Ill be in Florida for a year training for my MOS, and she might be to because we are both going into the aviation field. So i would like some help/advice on this please.
Thanks for your time

josephd
02-08-10, 07:33 PM
If you want an honest opinion I would say don't get married at all. The Corps can take you places and allow you to see a lot, do you really want to be tied down?...

If she is a reservist she is more than likely getting contracted to the unit nearest to your hometown/where she lives now. And you really won't get many options for duty stations. So if you are from say middle of nowhere Wisconsin and you end up getting stationed in Okinawa there really is no way for you to be together and make it work.

GyC
02-08-10, 07:38 PM
my fiancee and i have recently joined the Marine Corps. I joined back on October 1st, and she enlisted the first of February. Shes reserves and I am active. We want to get married but we don't know if we should before we go to boot camp, or after. Also, we have different ship dates. She leaves in May, and i leave in August. So we don't know how its going to work, and if we do marry, could we get stationed near or at the same base? And Ill be in Florida for a year training for my MOS, and she might be to because we are both going into the aviation field. So i would like some help/advice on this please.
Thanks for your time

You need to talk about this with your Recruiter and his NCOIC immediately.. This situation requires a waiver .. That's my advice.. S/F

Lisa 23
02-08-10, 07:38 PM
How about filling out the rest of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to. :thumbup: Also, read the rules in the poolee and the Ask A Marine forums, too.