PDA

View Full Version : Fractured Jaw

Poolee Johnson
02-07-10, 10:22 PM
Good day, Marines

Last night I was at a local concert and was punched in the mouth by a crowd killer next to the mosh pit. I sent my recruiter a picture of the damage and asked if I should get it looked at or if it would create any problems. Saw my Father and Step-Mother tonight about it (Father has been a paramedic for 25 years and Step-Mother is a Nurse) and my Step-Mother is saying ER tonight Father is saying doctor ASAP tomorrow morning seeing as I just showed them. If my jaw is fractured will I will be in danger of being kicked from the DEP? I sent a picture to the recruiter last night and he called and talked today but it didn't sound like he was concerned. The guy I was standing next to said he heard a crack when I was hit and the part that worry's me is I was hit on the left corner of my lip and my jaw hurts on the right side by my wisdom tooth.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/photo.php?pid=107837&id=100000369639430&fbid=104518669570454http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/photo.php?pid=108278&id=100000369639430&fbid=104530419569279 (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/photo.php?pid=108278&id=100000369639430&fbid=104530419569279)

This is immediately after I spit out a mouthful of blood about a minute after I was hit.

firedog974
02-07-10, 10:27 PM
Good day, Marines

Last night I was at a local concert and was punched in the mouth by a crowd killer next to the mosh pit. I sent my recruiter a picture of the damage and asked if I should get it looked at or if it would create any problems. Saw my Father and Step-Mother tonight about it (Father has been a paramedic for 25 years and Step-Mother is a Nurse) and my Step-Mother is saying ER tonight Father is saying doctor ASAP tomorrow morning seeing as I just showed them. If my jaw is fractured will I will be in danger of being kicked from the DEP? I sent a picture to the recruiter last night and he called and talked today but it didn't sound like he was concerned. The guy I was standing next to said he heard a crack when I was hit and the part that worry's me is I was hit on the left corner of my lip and my jaw hurts on the right side by my wisdom tooth.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/photo.php?pid=107837&id=100000369639430&fbid=104518669570454

This is immediately after I spit out a mouthful of blood about a minute after I was hit.

First, find out the damage and get yourself fixed....that is the #1 priority. Then call your recruiter and get him up to speed. Even if there is no damage you need to let him know what went on. If you are injured, take the time to get fixed and heal properly. If you get pushed back, do not worry. The Corps will be here when you are fixed. It is better to do it right than to rush it. I hope hope it turns out good and you are fine. Good luck.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-08-10, 12:00 AM
You'll need waivers.

echo3oscar1833
02-08-10, 12:11 AM
That is why Poolees shouldn't be at concerts, with mosh pits. Poolees should be worried about making sure they can ship on the date they promised the Marine Corps they would. Am I saying don't have fun before Boot Camp, no I'm not. However using common sense, and avoiding dumb stuff goes along way towards self preservation. Semper!!:D

Phantom Blooper
02-08-10, 03:16 AM
Who did you see in concert?

Stay out of the pits!

If you are alright and no problems with you jaw and ego...hopefully....save ALL of you PITTING time for boot camp....doesn't cost that much and it is healthier.:evilgrin:

Rocky C
02-08-10, 08:32 AM
Who did you see in concert?

Stay out of the pits!
:evilgrin:

Those Miley Cyrus Concerts are getting Pretty Rough. :banana:

Get it checked out ASAP Poolee and Good Luck!!!

Poolee Johnson
02-08-10, 09:26 AM
It was local bands at the concert, I went to see Eyes of the Colloseum but I left early seeing as I got hit during their first song, Lol. I'm trying to get into the doctor today to get it looked at.

Old Marine
02-08-10, 09:38 AM
If it ends up being broken and you have to have any wires installed, you will not have to worry about reporting to Boot Camp until you are cleared by a doctor. <br />
<br />
I had a dink one time who during...

Phantom Blooper
02-08-10, 04:53 PM
What did the doctor say?

It was local bands at the concert, I went to see Eyes of the Colloseum but I left early seeing as I got hit during their first song, Lol.

Did you get your money back?

To help pay your doctor bill.

Hell this is the first time in a long time I heard any news coming out of Nebraska....you may have put it back on the map.

In any event.....wait to get loud and rowdy when you get in the Marine Corps....where you can do all the pitting you want for a few months.

Good luck to you!

doc h fmf
02-08-10, 05:08 PM
Willies Right You Will Have To Get Wired Up . Then You Will Have To Wait For Clearance Usually 2-3 Weeks Pending On The Severity . Ty For Your Help Gunny. Goodluck My Friend

Poolee Johnson
02-09-10, 12:14 PM
I got the xray's done today but I'm still waiting for the radiologist to look at it but the good news is the Dr. said it's probably dislocated and possibly sprained.

Phantom Blooper
02-12-10, 08:46 AM
It's your jaw....

Not your fingers or wrist.....TYPE and let us know the results!

Or if OPSEC at least if you are okay or not.

Poolee Johnson
02-17-10, 09:43 AM
Haven't heard anything back yet and it's starting to feel better, recruiter said that probably means I'm fine.