PDA

View Full Version : ? on the dep

Kitner
02-07-10, 03:12 AM
im going to meps tuesday, for everyone my recruiter has put in he has them go to meps for the dep, as an oc. Well atm im an oc and he claims to make sure that he will get you a closed contract while your at meps or within a week after going if the slot for the mos you want is open. Now i know he hasnt bsed any of the other kids in the dep, but being under the oc has me kinda wondering if ill get ****ed over or not. So i know that i can back out of the dep if i am going to get ****ed on this? Really i just want to know is this normal for entering the dep.

And how hard is the intel field to get into, i was really looking at 0231.

Komenko
02-07-10, 03:48 AM
if you signed a contract that is open and has no specific mos mentioned i would worry! If you didn't sign it, good! hold out till the mos you want is on there! Signing open contract is a dumb move! I had my mos picked out and put in my contract before I DEP'd in. As for 0231 it all falls on your ASVAB score and security clearance.

dizark
02-07-10, 12:51 PM
All the guys I went with signed OC at MEPS, but then you're supposed to go back to the recruiting station, sit down and pick an available MOS. Then you'd sign a SOU (Statement of Understanding).

SaltyFungus
02-14-10, 12:19 AM
if you signed a contract that is open and has no specific mos mentioned i would worry! If you didn't sign it, good! hold out till the mos you want is on there! Signing open contract is a dumb move! I had my mos picked out and put in my contract before I DEP'd in. As for 0231 it all falls on your ASVAB score and security clearance.

Komenko, correction; this is SOP for contracting into the DEP and throughout recruiting duty. We cannot provide a Job SOU when we don't know your mental/physical aptitude.

After MEPs the applicant/poolee will sit down with his recruiter and pick out jobs and resign another SOU. As of FY 10, my district has sent 0 poolees to recruit training on open contract. We can't do it, not allowed. ZERO on open, period.

CplGiraffe
02-14-10, 12:54 AM
I signed open contract. Waited til the fiscal opened, my recruiter gave me a regular intel contract to sign. I signed that. Then he told me about my current job and told me about the DLAB, I took that, and resigned for that job. I wouldn't worry about it yet. Wait until you are about to ship and haven't seen that contract stating you are 02**.

Komenko
02-14-10, 01:21 AM
Komenko, correction; this is SOP for contracting into the DEP and throughout recruiting duty. We cannot provide a Job SOU when we don't know your mental/physical aptitude.

After MEPs the applicant/poolee will sit down with his recruiter and pick out jobs and resign another SOU. As of FY 10, my district has sent 0 poolees to recruit training on open contract. We can't do it, not allowed. ZERO on open, period.

i guess things change as time moves on.

Kitner
02-14-10, 02:49 PM
thanks for all the input, i got back from meps a few days ago, and im soon going back to take the dlab test and after that i will be signing for closed contract. I was just very concerned about the op i signed b4 meps, do to the fact i dont know tons about the military yet and im a poolee.

Lisa 23
02-14-10, 03:03 PM
Kitner, you become a poolee when you have a shipdate and you're in the DEP.
And we don't use chat room slang here, either.

Kitner
02-19-10, 10:22 PM
Kitner, you become a poolee when you have a shipdate and you're in the DEP.
And we don't use chat room slang here, either.

I got my shipdate on 20100209, and its set for 20101101, and sorry about using slang.