PDA

View Full Version : Question re: 2 year Lat move/reenlistment

florczak2287
02-06-10, 05:57 PM
I'm coming up on my 2 year mark and was wondering what the "rule" is for a 2 year lat move/reenlistment. I hear from some it's 2 years in service, and from other 2 years in the fleet. Would some motivator point me in the right direction of a reference to find out for certain which one it is?

echo3oscar1833
02-06-10, 06:01 PM
I'm coming up on my 2 year mark and was wondering what the "rule" is for a 2 year lat move/reenlistment. I hear from some it's 2 years in service, and from other 2 years in the fleet. Would some motivator point me in the right direction of a reference to find out for certain which one it is?

Two years from date of entering active duty, in simple form from the day you started boot camp. :marine:

florczak2287
02-06-10, 06:10 PM
Appreciate the info. Could you provide a refferance to an MCO or MCBull by any chance.

echo3oscar1833
02-06-10, 06:16 PM
Appreciate the info. Could you provide a refferance to an MCO or MCBull by any chance.

Honestly I dunno what the order would be, the only reason I know this is right before I went up on my PEB in 03. When I was a few months from my two year mark. The Career Planner came to me, and was wondering if I wanted to reup for MSG. I wanted to, but then got put on a PEB for medical bro. Sorry I don't know the order man, Semper:marine:

florczak2287
02-06-10, 06:19 PM
Well as long as you have your point of reference from a career planner that helps a good bit. Thanks.

echo3oscar1833
02-06-10, 06:20 PM
Well as long as you have your point of reference from a career planner that helps a good bit. Thanks.

Anytime, so what MOS you looking to lat move to:D

BR34
02-06-10, 06:25 PM
It's probably gonna have to be in a critical needs MOS. Some of those would be Career Planner, EOD, Counter Intel, and MarSoc.

*Disclaimer. This is what was told to me by my Career Planner 6 months ago.

echo3oscar1833
02-06-10, 06:27 PM
*Disclaimer. This is what was told to me by my Career Planner 6 months ago.

:thumbup: thats my disclamer, the Career Planner told me so haha:D

florczak2287
02-06-10, 06:36 PM
Lol. Giving eod some serious thought.

BR34
02-06-10, 08:20 PM
You gonna have to get promoted.

florczak2287
02-07-10, 07:04 AM
I'm just waititing on my time in grade right now(which comes up in a month or two). I don't see my score to pickup passing my own cutting score by the time I rate it.

brian0351
02-07-10, 02:01 PM
Bro...forget about lat moving. GO MSG. It will change your life. That is all.

Forch
02-09-10, 06:13 PM
as far as i know many marines want to lat move into another mos but usually the career planner says it has to be a critical mos and the needs of the marine corps. thats what i was told and furthermore it would require that your paper work would have to be sent all the way up the chain only to be shot down youd be lucky if it makes to the BTL commanders office just to look at it maybe even make a paper airplane out of it... Im not saying they wont give you a chance, im saying its the luck of the draw...good luck my friend..:usmc:

Forch
02-09-10, 06:43 PM
i didnt mean to sound harsh,what im am saying is youd be very luck to lat move into another mos, remember it costs a lot of money to train you in your mos and to re train you in another may cost them.. if their numbers are down in a certain mos and theres a need to fill, they'd probably consider it ..i tried the same route many years ago and thats what happened to me, i wanted to reup in counter intel thats what i wanted to do...:flag:

florczak2287
02-10-10, 07:56 PM
Good to go.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-10, 08:31 PM
Lat Moving is actually ENCOURAGED in certain MOS's, since that's the only way they can get Marines. Counter Intel is one of them. EOD used to be another. Check with the Career Planner, he/she will have a complete list of what is available and what is not. Also, in some cases, your rank can be waivered. They'll have the best scoop on all of that.