PDA

View Full Version : Job Change

Sykes
02-05-10, 07:48 PM
So I just did a search on the forums and surprisingly didn't find a topic about this subject soo I thought i'd ask.

My friend duncan just got out of the Marine Corps. He told me that after he completed MCT his job got changed. My concern is all my paperwork is signed and filled out, my job paperwork saying that my MOS is 6500, 7000 because I enlisted for 7051 Aircraft Rescue Personnel. My concern is what are the chances my job will be changed? My friend said that the military is so fat with people right now it probably won't happen and that my score on the ASVAB was decent so that would probably help. My score was a 61, GT 102. Any information will be much appreciated.

NCOPOWER
02-05-10, 08:01 PM
I know that aircraft rescue falls under an "option mos". You could infact go aircraft rescue or you could end up going aviation ordnance. One of my SSgts was signed up to the aircraft rescue and he is ordnance. It depends on the Corps needs.

Sykes
02-05-10, 08:17 PM
Yeah I asked my recruiter why the paper said 6500, 7000 and he said its like a airfield option thing, but he said because of my scores being high enough I will not be in the 6500 field at all sooo I'm not sure what to think.

NCOPOWER
02-05-10, 08:22 PM
Be ready to go where the Corps needs you. With an option there is NO GUARANTEE on what mos you will be!