PDA

View Full Version : LCPL. Michael L. Freeman Jr.

Gunner 0313
02-05-10, 06:15 PM
We mourn another Marine. An IED in Afghanistan has ended the life of LCpl Mike Freeman and put a hole in the hearts of his wife, his parents and family, his fellow Marines, and all of his friends. LCpl Michael Freeman was from Fayetteville PA, which is close to Gettysburg.

Please put the Lance Corporal and his family, Marines, and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

We all severely and sincerely mourn the deaths of all our military who pay the ultimate price for freedom.

Marine Lance Corporal Michael L. Freeman Jr.

Michael Freeman, Jr. was from Fayetteville, Pennsylvania. The 2008 graduate of Chambersburg Area High School and his wife, Stephanie, were married in early October.
Freeman had joined the Marine Corps in August 2008, and was promoted to the rank of Lance Corporal on October 1, 2009. Freeman was a machine gunner assigned to 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. He had his first deployment later in October when he was sent to Afghanistan. He was expected to return in April.
Freeman's 18-year-old wife is quoted on the Herald-Mail (http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=239084&format=html) site:
Freeman was an outdoorsman who enjoyed target shooting, fishing and visiting Caledonia State Park. He and his wife met at a graduation party in 2007, and he proposed five months into their relationship.
"I said ‘yes’ immediately," Stephanie said.
Freeman developed his commitment to the Marines at an early age.
"He wanted to serve his country," Stephanie said. "He grew up in a military family."
Lance Corporal Michael L. Freeman Jr. died February 1st in the Helmand province of Afghanistan from injuries suffered in the detonation of an improvised explosive device (IED). He was killed during what military authorities called a "hostile incident". He was 21 years old when he lost his life.
His awards included a Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon and the Afghanistan Campaign Medal. Survivors of the Lance Corporal include his wife, his parents, Michael Sr. and Chris, and his sister, Dawn.
Funeral plans have not been announced but services are expected to be held at the Thomas L. Geisel Funeral Home in Chambersburg. Flags throughout Pennsylvania have been lowered to half-staff in honor of Lance Corporal Freeman, including those in his hometown, as well as all across Franklin County and in Harrisburg. The flags will remain at half-staff until Freeman is brought home and buried, according to a spokesman at Governor Ed Rendell's office.

:flag:R.I.P. Marine !

Rocky C
02-05-10, 06:17 PM
RIP Marine.
Prayers Outbound!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

NCOPOWER
02-05-10, 08:32 PM
Rest In Peace Brother. My Prayers are outbound.

jinelson
02-05-10, 10:33 PM
Rest in peace brother.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

Sgt Jim
02-05-10, 11:46 PM
Rest in peace Marine.

rb1651
02-06-10, 12:39 PM
Rest In Peace Marine. Prayers outbound for his family and friends.

doc h fmf
02-06-10, 07:13 PM
Rest in peace my brother.MY god bless your wife and family