PDA

View Full Version : Question

BR34
02-05-10, 10:23 AM
I just got awarded another medal IN THE SYSTEM. It's on both MOL and in MCTFS but we didn't have a promotion/award formation this month so it hasn't been awarded at a formal ceremony.

So, since it's already in MOL and MCTFS am I authorized to wear it?

polizei
02-05-10, 11:05 AM
I would say yes, but you might want to check with your unit just to make sure.

I know it's not the same, but I was "informally" promoted to LCpl before the ball, but I wasn't officially promoted until December (I rated it Nov 1st). My unit told me to get my chevrons on for the ball...so I would say you rate it.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-10, 11:45 PM
I'd say it would 'depend'. If it's a 'been there' award, then probably you can wear it IF they aren't normally presented in formation. If it's a personal award (NavCom, NAM, etc) then I'd wait. That's just me.

Phantom Blooper
02-06-10, 06:27 AM
I would just wait....in case if you were going to put it on your dress blues....since you don't have any!:evilgrin:

BR34
02-06-10, 08:49 AM
I would just wait....in case if you were going to put it on your dress blues....since you don't have any!:evilgrin:

I've got 2 sets actually.

Thanks, I'll wait.

ameriken
02-06-10, 09:10 AM
I cant answer your question BR, but congratulations on the medal. :thumbup:

Phantom Blooper
02-06-10, 09:51 AM
I've got 2 sets actually.

Good to go....since the last time you posted.....now I will have to quit picking on you about them.:beer:

And kudos on the medal....job well done!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Komenko
02-06-10, 11:16 AM
what medal/award is it usually it depends on what you get, but if its in the system you are authorized to wear it. If your command has a problem with it tell them to look you up on MOL!