PDA

View Full Version : Fighting As A Marine

Freakaleek
02-03-10, 06:01 PM
I have a question. My friend says that you have to have a brother if you want to fight as a Marine, or mabye it was just be in the infantry. I never heard of this before. He has his mind set that its true ever since one of his friends told him that. So I thought who better to ask then a Marine. So is this true?

Lisa 23
02-03-10, 06:09 PM
Not true.

Wyoming
02-03-10, 06:18 PM
I have a question. My friend says that you have to have a brother if you want to fight as a Marine, or mabye it was just be in the infantry. I never heard of this before. He has his mind set that its true ever since one of his friends told him that. So I thought who better to ask then a Marine. So is this true?

Don't be as dumbass and stupid and gullible as your 'friend'.

Freakaleek
02-03-10, 06:23 PM
Thank You! Now I can show him and he will finally believe me that I was right.

Phantom Blooper
02-03-10, 07:01 PM
My friend says that you have to have a brother if you want to fight as a Marine, or mabye it was just be in the infantry.

This is so true.....you have to have your "Band of Brothers" & sisters to continue the Marine Corps legacy.

We are not an "Army Of One".....

We have hundreds upon thousands of brothers and sisters that have walked the walk and fought the fights...side by side!

But if your "friend" is talking about.....there has to be one son left after all others are called to war.....this is no longer true.

They stopped that decades ago....when they found out that the child they were always leaving at home was either sterile.....or funny.

So if you want to sign up as an only child.....go for it!:evilgrin:

SGT7477
02-03-10, 08:15 PM
Looks like your friend is a typical dumbazz.:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
02-03-10, 08:25 PM
Of course there was the old one the Okinawans and Japanese civilians were told by the Japanese government during WWII, that in order to be a US Marine, you had to kill your parents to prove yourself worthy.

Hanzo
02-04-10, 12:58 PM
Of course there was the old one the Okinawans and Japanese civilians were told by the Japanese government during WWII, that in order to be a US Marine, you had to kill your parents to prove yourself worthy.

Wait...you mean I didn't have to do that??? Mom! :cry:

Zulu 36
02-04-10, 01:14 PM
Wait...you mean I didn't have to do that??? Mom! :cry:

I had read things like that before, but I met an old salt in a bar in Oceanside and he told me that story. He fought on Oki and stayed afterward as part of the invasion of Japan buildup, then stayed on the occupation force after the war ended.

He said the old Okinawan men and women used to treat Marines sadly, pat them on the shoulders, sigh, shake their heads and move on. For a long time they didn't know why until an interpreter told them the people felt sorry for the Marines for not having parents anymore. They understood why Marines killed their parents (patriotism and sense of duty), but they were still sad for them.

He said it took some time to convince the local workers that rumor wasn't true.

brian0351
02-04-10, 02:16 PM
I had read things like that before, but I met an old salt in a bar in Oceanside and he told me that story. He fought on Oki and stayed afterward as part of the invasion of Japan buildup, then stayed on the occupation force after the war ended.

He said the old Okinawan men and women used to treat Marines sadly, pat them on the shoulders, sigh, shake their heads and move on. For a long time they didn't know why until an interpreter told them the people felt sorry for the Marines for not having parents anymore. They understood why Marines killed their parents (patriotism and sense of duty), but they were still sad for them.

He said it took some time to convince the local workers that rumor wasn't true.

But leave it to the Japanese to understand that concept and then offer sympathy! Any other country in the world would have labelled the Marines Barbarians but the Japanese are ones who understand Duty to country!

Smitty Puffs
02-04-10, 03:43 PM
No thats not true. But you do have to kill a first born child and cut a mans ear off.

zx6rdr
02-04-10, 03:53 PM
You got it all wrong......

You have to kill a puppy, rip the legs off a live chicken, bite a head off a bat, then mix it all together and eat raw with a MRE spoon and no hot sauce.

Marine84
02-05-10, 08:24 AM
You got it all wrong......

You have to kill a puppy, rip the legs off a live chicken, bite a head off a bat, then mix it all together and eat raw with a MRE spoon and no hot sauce.

Sounds more like an Ozzy Osborne concert.

Zulu 36
02-05-10, 10:17 AM

:thumbup:

BR34
02-05-10, 10:46 AM

Sounds like a hot sauceless Egg Omelet MRE to me.

brian0351
02-05-10, 12:16 PM
Frankly I just killed the dragon. Isn't that what we're all supposed to do?

Hanzo
02-05-10, 01:24 PM

Well, that and save the Princess.

Smitty Puffs
02-07-10, 12:31 AM
It's a Lava Dragon. And it will be capitalized.