PDA

View Full Version : The Banks

egbutler1
02-03-10, 05:58 PM
I don't find it wrong that we had to bail out the banks if what has been said is true (which I don't even know what is anymore) than by doing that we helped out our situation and kept it from getting worse. But what is chapping my ass is the fact that we gave them all those billions of dollars and our government didn't put restrictions to it. So now w/ all our money gone the banks "saved" they are just doing exactly wtf they were doing before. How does this make any sense? Why would we let this happen? I am so freaking heated right now about this is crazy. And no its not our presidents fault entirely he does have some blame, but this is all the banks. I say we get some pitch forks and some gats and go destroy these greedy fvcks! :mad:

CH53MetalMan
02-03-10, 08:15 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1403871403&play=1

Bazzaro world on wall street.

ARTYPIG
02-03-10, 11:19 PM
Well they are actually paying tose loans back very quickly. Obamas administration said that that money would go back into the treasury to lower the debt. No they want to take 30 BILLION of that re-paid money to find out why unemployment is high and why we are losing jobs to over seas countries. I'm not a scholar, bu even I can see why that is and I didn't getany money.

The law also states that Obama cannot use money from re-paid TARP loans except to repay the treasury, and he said he didn't care. What a turd!

Marine Shu
02-08-10, 08:24 AM
Does anyone else find it a little unnerving that none of this money is actually 'real' physical bills. It is all just numbers punched into a computer and shifted from one area to another. The market is so saturated with all of this digital currency. There are times that I even feel like I dont really have any money, because I never see it, I just see numbers on a screen and swipe my card. Maybe the government should just hit the backspace key. Maybe a little bit of 'you dont owe us, but we dont owe you' zero out any debt and credits and just start over.

-Disclaimer- This is by no means an actual suggestion, so please don't jump on me for throwing it out there. That being said, I really don't think that it is too outlandish of an idea compared with some that actually make it through Congress.

brian0351
02-08-10, 08:30 AM
You joke...but there are alot of countries who have done that when faced with Hyper Inflation. North Korea is a recent example. They just came right out and said, "Our currency is now worth X. No foreign currency is allowed."

Well when it comes to the deficit...you know who we owe that money to? Ourselves. So essentially we have to pay ourselves back because we borrowed from ourselves.

This is not counting the 500 billion we borrowed from Japan and China (Each) to fight the war on terrorism. That was so they didn't have to raise taxes to fight the war, which is the first time in the history for this country!

Supersquishy
02-08-10, 09:35 AM
Add insult to injury, banks are not loaning money to small business.

CH53MetalMan
02-08-10, 09:51 AM
The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

John Kenneth Galbraith writing in 'Money: Whence it came, where it went'

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6989869784339234995&ei=YElnS72ZJabCqQKo-cyaAg&q=modern+money+mechanics&hl=nl#

brian0351
02-08-10, 11:16 AM
Add insult to injury, banks are not loaning money to small business.

Yeah it's criminal! They took the money from the government, bought other failing banks and reinvested in the stock market. Ever wonder why the market shot to 10,000 from 6,000? Citigroup from $1 to $5, Bank of America from $2.50 to $17 or Goldman Sachs from $75 to $215 a share?

How can you go from "We need money for a bailout" to "Here's your $30 billion plus interest" IN A YEAR!

CH53MetalMan
02-08-10, 04:01 PM
Yeah it's criminal! They took the money from the government, bought other failing banks and reinvested in the stock market. Ever wonder why the market shot to 10,000 from 6,000? Citigroup from $1 to $5, Bank of America from $2.50 to $17 or Goldman Sachs from $75 to $215 a share?

How can you go from "We need money for a bailout" to "Here's your $30 billion plus interest" IN A YEAR!

In our world of big banking, debt creation, bonds & foreign currency trading, Wall Street is chump change and easily fudged up and down.

The collective bond markerts dwarf all the world's stock markerts by hundred's or thousand's to one on a daily dollar (or any other unit of fiat currency) basis.

Even the FOREX trades more $$$ in the five slowest days of the year, than the NYSE will in a full year.

But we don't hear a lot about the bond markerts, as they are more about security without the big swings associated with stocks. Also much of their earnings are tax free, and they are accounted for as assets!

It is fair to say, that the banks DO have a license to steal! And they have no problem exercising the opportunity presented to them.

kenrobg30
02-11-10, 10:27 AM
In our world of big banking, debt creation, bonds & foreign currency trading, Wall Street is chump change and easily fudged up and down.

The collective bond markerts dwarf all the world's stock markerts by hundred's or thousand's to one on a daily dollar (or any other unit of fiat currency) basis.

Even the FOREX trades more $$$ in the five slowest days of the year, than the NYSE will in a full year.

But we don't hear a lot about the bond markerts, as they are more about security without the big swings associated with stocks. Also much of their earnings are tax free, and they are accounted for as assets!

It is fair to say, that the banks DO have a license to steal! And they have no problem exercising the opportunity presented to them.
Someone once said that money is an Idea supported by confidence. I think the guy was talking about 'ConMen'. W.C.Fields had the right idea. Read P.T. Barnams' Book. :marine: S/F!!! Ken

Marine Shu
02-11-10, 02:22 PM
That is so ture. The only reason money has value is because we agree that it does. Who decides how much value it has and why is it so variable is the bigger question. If they turn around and say that inflation or flooding the market is to blame for a decrease in value, then why cant they deflate it? The Fed takes money out of circulation every day, why cant they just take it in without putting more out. That would eventually lead to deflation of the markets, and a more stable dollar. Of course that is only paper money. Then you can figure out what to do with the digital money. Maybe get rid of all paper and coin currency, and everyone will use checks or cards. Just my random thoughts. I am no economics major. I am a poli-sci major though. I just haven't gotten that far in my studies yet.