PDA

View Full Version : AF dep wanting to switch

Futhork
01-31-10, 06:25 PM
OK currently i am an airforce depper but i wanted to switch branches and since how the airforce chat guys refuse to talk to me calling me a cotton necked quitter. I just done feel like the technology field is for me and i would like to switch to infantry. How do i get out of this situation? i have already swore in and everything too.

Lisa 23
01-31-10, 06:29 PM
How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to. :thumbup:

Wyoming
01-31-10, 06:32 PM
WTF is a 'cotton necked quitter'?

Futhork
01-31-10, 06:39 PM
hell if i know thats what i got called tho.

Lisa 23
01-31-10, 06:46 PM
-Is the DEP binding? How can I get out of it? <br />
<br />
Question: – Is the DEP binding? How can I get out of it? <br />
<br />
Answer: Legally, the Delayed Enlistment Program is a binding contract. When one...

polizei
01-31-10, 07:05 PM
I would have to guess...talk to a recruiter?

Futhork
01-31-10, 07:10 PM
so on average how long would it take my leave from dep to be processed and is there a waiting time before joining another branch...?

Lisa 23
01-31-10, 07:22 PM
so on average how long would it take my leave from dep to be processed and is there a waiting time before joining another branch...?

Most of the Marines here aren't recruiters, so we can't answer that question for you. Yes, there are a few recruiters who come on the boards from time to time, but until then and like polizei said, talk with a recruiter.

Futhork
01-31-10, 07:24 PM
ok well ill talk to my af recruiter last. since he will be mad if i get this to go through.

mjhpgh
01-31-10, 07:55 PM
WTF is a 'cotton necked quitter'?

I have never heard that one either .