PDA

View Full Version : Active Army enlisted to Marine Corps OCS...

MLRS13M
01-31-10, 05:48 AM
Currently Army Field Artillery. Tired of fat bodies, lack of motivation, 3 headgears on me at all times, of which two are freakin girly.. I've always wanted to be a marine and I've started training for it. Theres so many people here who joined the Army for college money, I don't know many marines that do the same.

My cousins prior marine enlisted and now a 2LT in Iraq. He's been my inspiration so I've been pushing myself to get to my goal.

I just completed 1 year of my 3 year contract. I'm going to be 26 when I get done. I currently have 32 college credits and should have 60 by the time I'm done. I SHOULD be 28 which is the age you must be to graduate OCS. Is there age waivers ever considered?

Plus tips for working out to achieve the Marine Corps standard are appreciated.

brian0351
01-31-10, 05:59 AM
You can go here for more OCS info...

www.marineocs.com

MLRS13M
01-31-10, 06:01 AM
Unfortunately when I registered they didn't ever send me an email to activate my account.

When I get back from Korea I'm gonna check with the OSO at Fort Lewis area to see if he can help me. Someone was telling me that other branches are somewhat barred from giving you information... any truth to this? Its from the Private Rumor Network so I dunno.... I take **** with a grain of salt these days.

TinDragon
01-31-10, 06:03 AM
You can usually get a waiver for age if you have prior military service. I'm sure that applies to any branch, not just prior enlisted Marine.

MLRS13M
01-31-10, 06:33 AM
If that's the case that's great news to hear Corporal.