PDA

View Full Version : Meps

bquick13
01-30-10, 11:12 PM
I'm probably going to get my physical at meps, after I get my scores back from the asvab. What do 'i need to know about that? From what I've been told, answer their questions and don't volunteer anything they say that can make its worse, even if its something very small?

Chase

Lisa 23
01-30-10, 11:17 PM
This will give you an idea of what MEPS is like....and don't lie. Everything has a way of catching up with you.

MEPS at a Glance

An Overview of the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS)

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/mepsglance.htm

bquick13
01-30-10, 11:23 PM
The whole consueling thing.. I had a few friends that had some mental disorders, that included suicide, and attempts, and I was sent to a "shrink" against my will because they were very close to me. Is that gonna screw things up for me.

Lisa 23
01-30-10, 11:25 PM
Have no idea, only the doctors at MEPS can answer that.

bquick13
01-30-10, 11:29 PM
I hope it doesn't. I'm fine, have been since it happened, they were dear friends, but it wasn't all there fault. But when something like that happens in school systems now days, these teachers flip their lids over it. It is a major deal, but the fact they wanted me to go to counseling because we were friends is a tad overboard.

Lisa 23
01-30-10, 11:34 PM
Teachers are only protecting themselves in case something happens.
Just let the doctors know at MEPS, and take it from there. Don't lie, it'll only catch up with you later on down the road.

echo3oscar1833
01-31-10, 09:45 AM
Teachers are only protecting themselves in case something happens.
Just let the doctors know at MEPS, and take it from there. Don't lie, it'll only catch up with you later on down the road.

Actually its because Teachers care about there students, not because there protecting themselves!!!

Lisa 23
01-31-10, 11:09 AM
Actually its because Teachers care about there students, not because there protecting themselves!!!
Very true Ben, and thanks, I forgot to add that. :thumbup:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-10, 08:58 PM
If it was just 'counseling' in school, nothing to worry about. And most of the time, after some sort of 'critical' incident, it's mandated to go. "Caring" has nothing to do with it.