PDA

View Full Version : Swearing in next week, still now sure on job. Question about options.

Dustin Griffith
01-29-10, 05:28 PM
I have finished meps and got a tattoo waiver and a dental waiver that was sent out yesterday for approval. My recruiter told me next week I will swear in. My issue is im not sure what I want todo yet, I would like to work in the field with or along side infintry but have a job to perferm other than just being a trigger puller. I was interested in combat medic until my recruiter told me Marines done have such a job. Military police also caught my interest but its full for the year he told me. Does any one have any ideas on things that would fall into field work but not so much just pulling a trigger?
My Asvab scores where
Overall:71
GT:114
MM:122
EL:120
CL:109

Thank you in advance!

brian0351
01-30-10, 03:51 AM
"Just pulling a trigger" goes to show just how uninformed you are. Tactics, Teamwork, technical skill, physical fitness, personal education are just a few of the things you need in the infantry. Of course this is all wrapped up in the extreme boredom that is being in Garrison.

Your sorta smart so every MOS is open to you and we can't tell you what to do with the rest of your life. Why don't you look over the job fields and ask us what looks interesting.

Dustin Griffith
01-30-10, 10:27 AM
Sir, the main thing id like to know is what other "field" jobs are their. MOS descriptions often dont do the justice on what the job really consist of.

Lisa 23
01-30-10, 10:51 AM
Sir, the main thing id like to know is what other "field" jobs are their. MOS descriptions often dont do the justice on what the job really consist of.
For "field" jobs, you'll be better off to ask your recruiter on that.
If you're looking for Marines on this site to describe every MOS the Marine Corps has, well, I don't think that's going to happen.
If you're looking for Marines to describe recon, infantry, military police.....try doing a search. Those topics have been covered many times.

brian0351
01-30-10, 12:37 PM
You can try looking here as a start. Plenty of descriptions.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm